Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Damn I'll recheck that thread. I listened to the retail murda muzik on the way to Europe last week and didnt skip anything. A couple of beats sound a little dated to that time and some leftovers like nobody likes me and pile raps sound a bit more timeless. But the retail is so dope too.
Also it was a bold and dope move to start off Murda Muzik with streets raised me after the previous two albums started off with start of your ending and animal instinct.

Btw it's weird Sean P also passed away and the first track on his last album was called genesis of the omega.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Also it was a bold and dope move to start off Murda Muzik with streets raised me after the previous two albums started off with start of your ending and animal instinct.

Btw it's weird Sean P also passed away and the first track on his last album was called genesis of the omega.

Streets Raised me is a perfect closer in my book.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
In 96 Pee was iller to me. Yeah Nas was more lyrical, maybe, but Pee was iller. I would have listened to a Pee verse / Mobb song before Id listen to a Nas verse / Nas song.

And everyone around me was the same. Wu & Mobb ruled those days around my way:ehh:

Nas content was way more diverse & was more creative so i can understand why people think Nas might've been iller to some but Prodigy is the best rapper to me in the 90's simply because verse after verse, he was blacking out on some leaving the atmosphere shyt with some of the shyt he was coming out with :mindblown:

Colossal verse after colossal verse :whoo:

Dropping jewels infinite :wow: