Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Also, is there any word on the other two parts to the Hegelian Dialectic trilogy. P. was such an underrated GOAT. In my opinion his solo career was just as good as his duo work in Mobb Deep.

Not that I know of. How does that even work. He put it out on Infamous Records. That was his own company. I don't know if Havoc was involved in that because Havoc put out his own solo albums on different labels. So if Havoc is involved I think he owns all those releases. If not, I have no idea who's decision it is to put what out there. His son maybe??

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Not that I know of. How does that even work. He put it out on Infamous Records. That was his own company. I don't know if Havoc was involved in that because Havoc put out his own solo albums on different labels. So if Havoc is involved I think he owns all those releases. If not, I have no idea who's decision it is to put what out there. His son maybe??
We have to wait for his estate to be figured out. I imagine he left everything to his kids. If he was still legally married and didn't have a will, then it would go to his wife. Whoever it is, that person has to be reasonable and basically let Hav and ALC take the reins in dropping HD 2 and 3 and all the unreleased material.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
We have to wait for his estate to be figured out. I imagine he left everything to his kids. If he was still legally married and didn't have a will, then it would go to his wife. Whoever it is, that person has to be reasonable and basically let Hav and ALC take the reins in dropping HD 2 and 3 and all the unreleased material.

Jordan Tower clearly said 'ex wife' and that gives me a strong indication that it's a divorce. So if that's the case. I guess his children get everything, his son is 21 so that would be covered if it's even a problem. I do think Prodigy has a will.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I haven't posted in this thread yet. Only the one in the Booth. I really do feel like I lost a friend. It might sound corny but the Mobb was part of the soundtrack to my life for much of my teens and 20s. Did a lot of dirt and running the streets to that music. Went thru so many D batteries playing the Mobb when we used to sell weed on the strip. It was the perfect theme music for riding around Baltimore back then. This was a Mobb Deep town. No disrespect to Sean Price, Phife, Guru, etc. But what makes his death so important is that he's the first true hip hop legend to die while already being considered a legend. Others like Big and Pac weren't considered that until after their deaths. We lost a vet of the game and a cornerstone of east coast hip hop

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
After G-Unit all Mobb Deep and Prodigy releases were/are through Infamous Records. So maybe Havoc just wanted to have a separate solo deal somewhere else and I know for certain that P. and Hav' split everything Mobb Deep related down the middle equally which is why they did business so well for so long independantly. So Hav' may own 50% of the company but doesn't have creative control on the labels full releases. Who knows??

Classic Mobb gem:

:pacspit::mjcry::to: All my favourite rappers are dead. I might as well throw DMX in there because he's been mentally gone since 2006.

It's just Gawdfather
YpRDwof.png
, :stopitslime: and :snoop: left.