Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Two things, number one...When these other rappers die of old age at like 70-80, they won't be getting the love prodigy is getting. I'm kind of floored by the love dude is getting. Especially from the West and the South, growing up I figured those cats hated the Mobb. But to hear people like Pusha T idolized Pee? It's crazy to me.

Second. I'm beginning to think I like Murder Music more than Hell on Earth. I mean yeah Hell On Earth retail Trumps Murda Music retail (but not by much)but if we got the Murda Music we were supposed to get, ya'll remember those right?

Back when What's Ya Poison was called Deer Park, back when "Im going out" and that Where Im from track wasn't on there but you had.

Perfect Plot feat Noyd
3 From the NYC with Noyd
USA Alright then (with Nas)

If those tracks were on there it would be probably beyond Hell on Earth. Pee was a monster on those tracks but that Make Love Not War track and Allustrious? Good lord

I remember my boys constantly rewinding that
"These nikkas are actresses, trying to play the man's role"

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota

This was is a classic here.
I like how Prodigy asked Flex if he was in on the rumor, Flex quickly got shook. Word is, P went to visit the station with his click but security did not allow them entry.

Guns to cripple sons was Capone's line from LA LA not prodigy's but that's not the point.

Sir Brehsington

Mr. Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsidential Housing
Don't know if you guys remember teen summit on BET back in the day. But here is some footage from right before Hell on Earth dropped performing shook ones and front lines.

I wanted that Tommy Hilfiger shirt in the worst way.

I remember breh. Damn, looking back as a old head now, that was some raw ass content to be performed on a postive themed Teen Summit of all shows. Puts a lot of shyt in perspective to me. I was 16 when that shyt dropped growing up in the hood and thought nothing of it at the time. We get at the younger gen today for some of the wild shyt they listen too, but we grew up on that gangsta shyt as well.

P's death is really something else man. I grew up with these rappers as I aged going thru mad phases. It's sureal dealing with all these old school memories. Its all connected to my youth, from high school thru college and beyond.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
One thing I really respected about P is how he handled himself when Hav was slandering and shytting on him. He carried himself in public like a G. Kept quiet, didn't talk bad about his musical partner and kept it moving until Hav finally realized his wrongs. People don't give him enough credit for that. Especially in this era of rappers acting like children in public/social media.
Very true but P made up for it with his book and post prison antics (dissing few man's).

But god bless thunn's soul!!!

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

Dope Interview I came across that I've never seen.

So funny how rappers would hear words and phrases, analyze and just bug out...

But damn....never heard this story either...made Nas look real shady....it's crazy how he still respected Nas...but he still mentioned its just business and rap..

Prodigy really been in multiple beefs..

Last edited: