Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Low-key Prodigy is in a lot of top 10 all-time lists. It's fitting.
He's neck and neck with Ice Cube and Slick Rick for most sampled rapper ever.

shyt, OC was waaayyyy ahead of the curve in recognizing P's voice. He sampled him back in '94 before Shook Ones Pt. 2 even dropped:

"Your first time will be ya last Earth memories" :wow:

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wifey was legit shocked and hurt when she heard the news. We were reminiscing over which version of quiet storm was better. Man this shyt actually hurts. He (and Hav) provided a ton of bangers. And with that said I was stunned as to how dope that Albert Einstein album was back in 2013. I didn't think he still had it in him. #Salute

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Wifey was legit shocked and hurt when she heard the news. We were reminiscing over which version of quiet storm was better. Man this shyt actually hurts. He (and Hav) provided a ton of bangers. And with that said I was stunned as to how dope that Albert Einstein album was back in 2013. I didn't think he still had it in him. #Salute

There's not much discussion there. "I've spent too many nights sniffin coke getting right, now I'm trying to make things right"

that one is the best. You know which one

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There's not much discussion there. "I've spent too many nights sniffin coke getting right, now I'm trying to make things right"

that one is the best. You know which one

Yeah lyrically he had the better verse no doubt. But Kim's verse turned a banger into a bigger club banger. Women know that verse cold. Of course I prefer Prodigy's verse.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Prodigy is reminding me how Jay was in the middle of the pack of the wealth of great MC's in the mid 90s. He didn't stand out above others. I'm a Brooklyn head who was around the most FOUL dudes during Prodigy's hey day (only because I played for a semi pro football team funded by them). We all had Prodigy above Jay Z as our MC of choice.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I hope all the outpouring of love and support from his peers is making it easier for y'all to deal with his passing. Can't be sad no more with all the love and recognition he's receiving.

BTW, has Lake The Kid chimed in yet? :lolbron:

Fakey hasn't been seen on Social Media in about 2 years I guess. I think he's still recovering from those bullet wounds in his former muscles.

Daps
Reppin
UK
Been texting p lyrics back and forth with my cousin all day

This shyt cuts for all sorts of reasons, grew up on this shyt, we used to fukk with the mobb cos they were some of the youngest rappers out and I was always rooting for 'em..

Idk I'm too scatter brained to deal with and write about this, but I'll say one thing, I picked up hnic here in London when it dropped and after some of the disappointments of like, 1998 onwards...when it seemed obvious hip hop was changing, the big and PAC deaths.... this album came and fukkin blew the speakers and reaffirmed my faith in this shyt...still top 5 albums I've picked up physically and I buy a lot of music. Banging hnic now, still as fresh as it was and always will be

What you rep dunn. Rest in peace.