Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
P didn't want no problems with them LES cats. Ask Jim Jones.
He sleeping on us. That's how U can tell who real streets cats on here and not.

And even through that beef we LES nikkas still had love for the Mobb. Just Tru and his GI nikkas wasn't playing cause Tru was trying to get that rap shyt off the ground. nikkas ran into that Mobb deep studio with shotguns and all types of shyt nikkas wasn't playing. Thank God they weren't in there.

nontheleas, we as youngin in the streets did dirt to their music. Man this shyt hit hard. I remember when I got locked up and got sent to Spofford...all I wanted on that Trip was to listen to Mobb Deep "Streets Don't Raise Me" cause that shyt represented what me and countless nikkas in my projects felt

RIP BANDANA P

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
bout to make me a P playlist. with all his solo shyt, the mobb deep stuff, and even the havoc and alchemist albums, this playlist is gonna be HUGE!

:rip:

finished the playlist. ended up being 117 songs :whew:

P had a shytload of songs, so picking my favs ended up being a HUGE task.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
They're are saying the cause of death wasn't even his sickle cell anemia, it was a boiled egg they served him in hospital that he chocked on that killed him. I think he couldn't swallow the food because he was so weak.

That's what I was thinking cause T boz has Sickle cell anemia as well and seems fine today.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Rest in eternal peace..
My condolence's to his family and loved ones..

Sad and in shock. But what a life, lets celebrate a top artist and his immense contribution.
:salute:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The list of real MC's just lost a big one. Makes me realize that when cats like this pass on, the talent pool in hip hop is actually shrinking and hip hop dies a little more, especially thanks to these class of 2017 pieces of trash that are passing for rap or hip hop or whatever you wanna call it at this point..
Also say what you want about P's style change to more spoken word type shyt at the turn of the century, and whether you rock with his style post 2000 or not, the man has been making dope projects. His album this year was very underrated and he had one of the best albums of 2013.

So your post is true even if he wasn't still making dope music, but low key (and props to The Booth because his new projects got a lot of love on here) but the loss feels very tangible because he was making good music currently, and a lot of us were looking forward to parts 2 and 3 of his new album series.

Daps and reps for sure.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
finished the playlist. ended up being 117 songs :whew:

P had a shytload of songs, so picking my favs ended up being a HUGE task.
dMZFAkP.png
You didn't have a Mobb playlist in the smash already??

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
and this ain't even debatable....

No lies told, the great Jean Grae.

I can't think of any opening line more iconic than this:

"I got you stuck off the realness, we be the infamous".

And to follow that with this, "You heard of us, official Queensbridge murderers", on that beat? :wow:

P forever!

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Man fukking devastated right now. P always kept healthy so I thought he'd be around for a long ass time.

RIP to P, easy top 10 of all time emcee and could of been the GOAT based on his mid 90's run.

Glad I got to see the Mobb twice in concert before he passed.
Right? fukk man!

I saw em twice also. I saw them with Rae, Ghost, Cappadonna, Alchemist, and Noyd in 2011/2012, and then again just P and Havoc in 2013.

:wow:

They were good shows