Prisoners

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

The effects of the concoction were wearing off after a day. If Alex was held for the 48 hours he would have said more than what he did in the parking lot.

Hugh Jackman was right.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
This is a movie that wants to be a taken a lot more seriously then it should be, and from the reviews, it probably will be. It has a lot I liked, or can appreciate, the cinematography and direction is very well done, in the vein of 'Seven' and 'Next Three Days', all grim and taut greys and blacks....there is a talented cast in place, but I can't say I thought Jackman's performance, or any others in the film were masterful, oscar worthy, or anything along those lines. Terrence Howard doesn't get much to do, but whine and be that SAME guy from his other roles, but theres a scene or two of great acting from him. Jackman snarls and glowers his way through a performance, that never really anchors itself in reality, and halfway into the movie I'm snickering, at scenes of torture and brutality, because of how absurd it's all become, I'm sure at least one person thought I was deranged. I laughed out loud at least 3 times.

He becomes Charles Bronson, Jack Bauer, and any other assorted everyman turned hero, in a preposterous plot contrivance, that the director drags out....for no real reason at all, as that plotline is almost completely pointless, considering the movies third act. In fact, the torture and moral quandary is all but abandoned in the agonizing last 40 minutes or so, where cliche after cliche emerge from the screenplay, as the film lurches around, trying to find it's bearing. Maria Bello has NOTHING to do in her role, and her scenes are laughably bad, no real fault of hers. The director drags out mundane scenes, and stages ridiculous scenarios, that come at the viewer faster and faster, while the climax lurks around the corner, more like an episode of a 1960s cartoon program involving teenage detectives and a dog, then what this overwrought, ludicrous thriller wants to be. The script is not heavy enough to hang on all these themes, and hardly even tries to, throwing in a twist, a surprise villain, some snakes (in a tense and disturbing sequence, credit where it's due), by the time we roll around to the last few minutes, it's all become cartoonish, and I felt a little queasy, knowing that child abduction, rape, molestation, were all played for shock value suspense. ]

The beginning sequence, post Thanksgiving was chillingly effective, and the movie falters from that point forward, the movie is not deserving of such a competent few scenes, that establish some real dread, fear, and sense of foreboding. The director seemed to have a lot to say, about the security of families, mans right to protect himself, the morality of torture, obsession, whatever...the film veers in so many directions, none of this is really given the seriousness it deserves, and you'll either feel uneasy, or amused at the violence. Or both. This is a C grade thriller, you catch on TNT at 2:00 AM, this has the presentation of 'Seven', and the heart of 'Striking Distance'. This is 'Law Abiding Citizen' with Wolverine and child molestation. And snakes. Throw in a a suicide, a cult, a picture that holds the final clue, which the haunted detective notices after trashing his desk....this is fukking laughably bad. Go see 'Short Term 12', it's a lot better, and has a suicide attempt or two.

:russ: Just watched. Movie was very dope to me, but I can also see this take ringing true to some. I think the 2 1/2 hours kept me from watching it alot sooner.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:russ: Just watched. Movie was very dope to me, but I can also see this take ringing true to some. I think the 2 1/2 hours kept me from watching it alot sooner.

Thanks for reading that! I remember writing that like 10 years ago lol

still feel the same, but there's no doubt its fun to write bad movie reviews.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"This is a C grade thriller, you catch on TNT at 2:00 AM, this has the presentation of 'Seven', and the heart of 'Striking Distance'. This is 'Law Abiding Citizen' with Wolverine and child molestation. And snakes. Throw in a a suicide, a cult, a picture that holds the final clue, which the haunted detective notices after trashing his desk"

That's pretty hilarious, I didn't remember getting so scathing lol

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Dope flick.

Only thing that irked is the whole “I’m not gonna fill in anyone else” aspect with Gyllenhal. I get why directors use it, but I hate that crutch in movies. I have a suspect in chase, but naw, let me not use the radio…I got it. I got a patient, but naw, lemme not call an ambulance to meet me…I got it.

I see people saying they have a conflict with what Hugh did to Alex…because Alex is “innocent”?

If the dilemma is because Alex is mentally challenged, I kinda get it.

If the dilemma is because they think Alex is “innocent”….:camby:

nikka is guilty af. nikka was coherent enough to lie and deceive for his “aunty”….fukk him.