Prison Dom Appreciation Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During the latest Busted Open Radio (via Wrestling Inc), Mickie James praised the work of WWE’s Dominik Mysterio, especially with how good he’s become in a short time. Mysterio is now a 2-time NXT North American champion, winning the belt back from Trick Williams on Tuesday’s episode.

She said: “Can I say, Dom, is incredible. I know he’s a bad guy and we’re supposed to hate him. But I think, we look and I’m going, ‘Where did he train?’ This is like really interesting — it’s not like we watched Dominik on the independents or like in an organization, a smaller organization, where we knew Dom was training to be a wrestler, prior to showing up on WWE television. He has quietly — obviously he’s a student of the game, he’s been around the business, [it’s] pretty much the family business. But, I never heard about Dom training to be a wrestler or any of that. So to think that he’s quietly been training this whole time prior to coming to TV. No one knew what to expect when he was going to be a wrestler, and he’s just completely killed it.

Just the natural ability and the natural … it’s the little things. It’s the little things that you can see him doing that he looks like he’s a 10-, 20-year veteran out there. A lot of his euphemisms, body languages, all these little things, we’re going to look back on how we do in wrestling, and 10 years from now, you’re going to say Dominik Mysterio is one of the greats. And it’s crazy to think about, but just like … look how much heat he has. He’s already really great, and I don’t really love to say that about young talent because I feel like it kind of heeds people and their learning capabilities and they start to think that they’re already great before they are great.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
On the latest episode of the Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T talked about Dominik Mysterio’s run in WWE this year, being North American Champion, and more. You can check out some highlights below:

On Dominik Mysterio’s 2023: “Dominik Mysterio has had a hell of a year as far as being a heel, being a guy that the fans really despise. Being a guy that the fans want to come to the arena and pay a ticket to despise at the same time. So no, he’s done a hell of a job on the main roster, as well as coming to NXT and spicing that game up a whole lot. What he’s done for NXT, I don’t see anybody else doing a better job than what Dom has done for spiking interest right now.”

On Mysterio being the MVP of 2023: “I might be going out there a little bit far, but I truly believe that you can put five guys in the WWE as far as MVP of the year. And Dom is one of those names that I really believe, at the end of that poll Dominic would be the MVP of 2023, bar none. I really believe that this kid changed the whole name of the game and showed what it really, really means to be a performer. Dominic is not — I mean, what he does out of the ring is awesome. But then I turn to what he does inside the ring. He is so freaking uncanny. I talked to my students, and I told them wrestling is not wrong with doing this as long as you do it right. He has all of those elements to where it may not be traditional, but it’s right every freaking single time. And that’s what I love about watching Dominik do his work in the ring. And like I say, what he’s done outside the ring, it hadn’t been a whole lot at all. But it’s definitely made you feel something… So that’s what I mean by performer. He’s definitely embracing that part of the game. So a lot of credit to that young kid.”

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Dom has at least 100 matches this year, 2nd to if not surpassing Cody Rhodes. I know they are neck and neck.

He's definitely become a workhorse for them.

Edit: Just looked it up. As of my typing this, Dom is at 102, Cody is at 105.

Let's not forget Dom is the only person to Main Event a Raw, NXT and SD in the same week. :salute:

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Dom has at least 100 matches this year, 2nd to if not surpassing Cody Rhodes. I know they are neck and neck.

He's definitely become a workhorse for them.

Edit: Just looked it up. As of my typing this, Dom is at 102, Cody is at 105.

Let's not forget Dom is the only person to Main Event a Raw, NXT and SD in the same week. :salute:

I can't say more good things about him.

Great year.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Mick Foley is a supporter of Dominik Mysterio, saying he’s a talent you can only deny for “so long.” The WWE Hall of Famer appeared on this week’s The Bump and during his conversation he talked about Mysterio’s run in WWE, throwing in some tongue in cheek comments about Dominik’s dad Rey at the same time.

“You can only deny a talent like Dirty Dom for so long,” Foley said (per Wrestling Inc). “I’ve seen them come and go, and I’ve seen them die…and Dirty Dom is a kid I’ve known since he was 4, 5 years old. It can’t be easy growing up with a deadbeat dad like Rey Mysterio. I talked to Rey and he admitted to me he was a deadbeat dad. He still owes me $5 from the time I met him in ECW in 95.”

He concluded, “I have every reason to believe that Dom is just trying out his own path, and I really admire that.”

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
Mick Foley is a supporter of Dominik Mysterio, saying he’s a talent you can only deny for “so long.” The WWE Hall of Famer appeared on this week’s The Bump and during his conversation he talked about Mysterio’s run in WWE, throwing in some tongue in cheek comments about Dominik’s dad Rey at the same time.

“You can only deny a talent like Dirty Dom for so long,” Foley said (per Wrestling Inc). “I’ve seen them come and go, and I’ve seen them die…and Dirty Dom is a kid I’ve known since he was 4, 5 years old. It can’t be easy growing up with a deadbeat dad like Rey Mysterio. I talked to Rey and he admitted to me he was a deadbeat dad. He still owes me $5 from the time I met him in ECW in 95.”

He concluded, “I have every reason to believe that Dom is just trying out his own path, and I really admire that.”
Foley a national treasure lmao