ppl need to start evaluating Ben Simmons the same way they do Rudy Gobert

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
someone was saying Simmons ain't did shyt all series against the hawks
and I had to remind him the whole series shifted the moment they put him on trae young
incessantly bytching about Simmons offense is starting to make dudes look like casuals :scust:
he's not an offensively aggressive player and probably NEVER will be. GET.OVER.IT
If that means you don't like Simmons, ok, who gives a fukk. Everybody ain't going be in people's top 5, top 10 or whatever
It's clear as day what Simmons strengths and impact on a game is, so to see people obsess over something that's obviously not even a focus of his is just :comeon:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's very fair to criticize Ben's offense because it puts a cap on the Sixers ceiling(unless they get rid of Embiid, but that's another story).

You can't have a guy that is not a threat from outside the paint AND have Embiid on the court at the same time and expect to win a chip

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why in the world would you post this right after a loss where Trae dropped 25 and 18, embiid faltered and Ben couldn't pick up the slack?

Because great players rise to the occasion. They pick up the slack when their teammates have an off night.

Ben Simmons hasn't developed since he got in the league. He's the same player. Rudy got better each year. Elite Big man defense is more valuable than Ben's perimeter defense.

I remember watching video of Ben when he was coming out of HS thinking with how smooth his game was and how fluid an athlete he was that he was going to be a star of stars. He never learned anything else. People are going to hold that against him, and they should.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its nice that hes slowing down Trae, but I can't give him a pass because he saw Embiid struggling the whole 2nd half and he was invisible on the offensive end the last 4mins of the game. I mean get a put back, attack the rim or something. He has nothing to lean on to get a bucket in the half court, but the saddest part is he's content with not even trying to make something happen

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I think it's very fair to criticize Ben's offense because it puts a cap on the Sixers ceiling(unless they get rid of Embiid, but that's another story).

You can't have a guy that is not a threat from outside the paint AND have Embiid on the court at the same time and expect to win a chip
Especially in this era

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
This guy has not shown the will to improve at all from the perimeter. He is the same player to that came into the league while Embiid has become very dominant as a player further improving. They will continue to make the playoffs but this team may not do much damage because they will just sag off him. Did you not see his shoot around last night? He was bricking everything. Even I am not missing that many shots.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
A modern PG who is the worst shooter OAT is a liability regardless of how good his D is given his contract ($195m).

He’s being judged as a supposed elite player not a role player, otherwise he’s just Thybulle.

The problem is they did him a disservice playing him as a PG. If they went to get an actual PG and played Simmons at PF or small ball C, they'd be a lot better off(but that goes back to Simmons and Embiid not being able to be on the court at the same time)

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
why in the world would you post this right after a loss where Trae dropped 25 and 18, embiid faltered and Ben couldn't pick up the slack?

Because great players rise to the occasion. They pick up the slack when their teammates have an off night.

Ben Simmons hasn't developed since he got in the league. He's the same player. Rudy got better each year. Elite Big man defense is more valuable than Ben's perimeter defense.

I remember watching video of Ben when he was coming out of HS thinking with how smooth his game was and how fluid an athlete he was that he was going to be a star of stars. He never learned anything else. People are going to hold that against him, and they should.
Lol those 25 points was ugly as shyt he had to earn every bucket

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Nah. In this case, Philly would be a better team if they lost Ben's defense in order to gain a great scorer. They're already a good defensive team without him, and him being out there late in the game is literally like playing 4v5 because he's literally worthless on offense.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah. In this case, Philly would be a better team if they lost Ben's defense in order to gain a great scorer. They're already a good defensive team without him, and him being out there late in the game is literally like playing 4v5 because he's literally worthless on offense.

If Simmons for Harden was ever on the table Morey was a fool not to take that deal