Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Tariq doesn't know how good he has it. He has parents that care about where he is, unlike the girl who told him her parents didn't give a fukk. He's going to find out when it's too late.

This is the first episode in a while where we saw his patented "frown, then turn to the camera and smirk" move.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Obviously there are holes in the big plot. But this show is great at the small things.

The angry black cop/Silver shyt was hilarious. But the funniest part to me wasright before Kanan robbed the house when he had his goon dress up like a cop and harrass so the white folks wouldn't get suspicious. I ran that back 4 times..

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Obviously there are holes in the big plot. But this show is great at the small things.

The angry black cop/Silver shyt was hilarious. But the funniest part to me wasright before Kanan robbed the house when he had his goon dress up like a cop and harrass so the white folks wouldn't get suspicious. I ran that back 4 times..
That guy is a cop...

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm missing something but what happened to Ghost and Tasha's youngest daughter? The baby?

Great episode...except for Tommy killing the agent, that made me cringe.

Especially since it was at Proctor's house, couldn't there be video footage or cell phone tower records of the agent being there?

Idk.. dude was too strategic about keeping his moves a secret.... he probably didn't have any way to trace him on him when he went to Proctor's house

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
8FsLA7l.png

gj2tfHK.png

fjZHjHN.png

tSqq8bv.png

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

This season got off to a pretty good start IMO... but this last episode was trash and is a prime example why Power won't ever be a truly great show.

I thought the writing improved a bit through the first 3 episodes so far, but wow, they completely just shyt on all logic with this Tommy fiasco. Proctor's character has been witty and sharp for most of his time on screen. Yet, he tells Tommy of all people he's meeting up with a former Homeland Security Officer who has dirt on him... which made absolutely no sense at all. G, I wonder what could happen?
:jbhmm:
Tommy kills the guy... shocking

The Kanan vs Dre story line is just dumb. Borderline retarded for a street show at this point. There's really NO reason Dre shouldn't kill Kanan. Nobody from Ghost camp knows he's alive, and if Ghost camp finds out he's been hiding the fact that Kanan's alive, Dre's dead. So why not just clip that loose end? What does he have to gain leaving Kanan alive? Kanan out here threatening his daughter and extorting him while he out here doing some bum ass home invasion gigs like a loser

:dead:

Most forced story line I can remember in a show that I've watched

And :laff: @ Angela just now looking at Truth's office camera and having a :ohhh: moment

The writing on this show just blows me sometimes. With less Ghost/Angela sex scenes it looked like the storytelling would get better, but nah, same ol' sloppy Power.

Then they even went and replaced the softcore from the previous seasons with Tommy and Lala

:russ:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

The Kanan vs Dre story line is just dumb. Borderline retarded for a street show at this point. There's really NO reason Dre shouldn't kill Kanan. Nobody from Ghost camp knows he's alive, and if Ghost camp finds out he's been hiding the fact that Kanan's alive, Dre's dead. So why not just clip that loose end? What does he have to gain leaving Kanan alive? Kanan out here threatening his daughter and extorting him while he out here doing some bum ass home invasion gigs like a loser

:dead:

Most forced story line I can remember in a show that I've watched

Dre's got all the reasons in the world to kill Kanan but that doesn't mean its as easy as it sounds

Kanan controls 100% of all the dynamics of their encounters.... Dre's a lil nicca and he's being treated exactly as that --- a little nicca

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dre's got all the reasons in the world to kill Kanan but that doesn't mean its as easy as it sounds

Kanan controls 100% of all the dynamics of their encounters.... Dre's a lil nicca and he's being treated exactly as that --- a little nicca
You know what bro? You right. It's not easy to kill Kanan. Not even him getting shanked, bleeding out, inhaling smoke from the fire surrounding him all while being locked in on the other side of a steel door could kill him.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yea dre never been the muscle and kanaan just has that alpha wolf pack mental edge over him. I never saw rotimi act in anything else but his demeanor when he is around kanaan is just straight terror. In the club he all cool even gave ghost the side eye like he aint got multiple bodies

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Yea dre never been the muscle and kanaan just has that alpha wolf pack mental edge over him. I never saw rotimi act in anything else but his demeanor when he is around kanaan is just straight terror. In the club he all cool even gave ghost the side eye like he aint got multiple bodies

We also don't know all the details of their time together in prison.

Knowing Kanan, he probably took that man's manhood in prison and protected him from being bodied in prison.

Kanan has the psychological edge over Dre.