Power Rangers Movie Thread

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i grew up on MMPR, it was a natural transition from TMNTs and i'll always love that OG cast (Jason, Zack, Kimberly, Billy & Trini). After Jason Zack and Trini left, i watched on and off again up until Lost in Space before i finally just moved on from it for the DBZs/Outlaw Stars/Cowboy Bebops of the world.

So a movie like this can have a nostalgic pull for me but from what i've gathered of the casting, on one hand I understand simply changing the color of his costume so that the "black" guy isn't the 'black' ranger... but as far as his actual "character", Zack was the shyt: the smooth talking charismatic bad ass... so to essentially cast the black teen into the "Billy" role in this re-imagining of the franchise... :francis:

That pretty much deads my nostalgia. So it'll come down to that trailer for me and how well it sells itself.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rita is an ex green ranger now?!

:snoop:
ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

I can rock with it.

In that spoof short film, I liked the idea of the downside of weaponizing teenagers and how you could have some that went down the wrong path.

This probably won't get that dark but:ehh:

Especially if it ends with Green Ranger being created.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Certain (:mjpls:) people are complaining about the boob armor and turning it into gender politics like they do everything

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
starting to hate this world so much man,, lol. i swear its like women dont even like being women no more.

i get the complaints tho. Not saying I agree with it but I certainly understand where they're coming from. I don't know any woman who'd have an issue with it but I wouldn't be mad if they did

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Bout to run some episodes, the first movie & turbo while i'm here at work tho :ehh:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
:laff:

Knowin Hollywood..... they probably will do that
Hell, knowing Saban themselves....they aren't unfamiliar with putting weird ass choices into a ranger suit.

We got Justin from Turbo, Doggie Kruger from SPD, and then later down the line when most of us stop watching, had that old chick as the white ranger in Mystic Force.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Hell, knowing Saban themselves....they aren't unfamiliar with putting weird ass choices into a ranger suit.

We got Justin from Turbo, Doggie Kruger from SPD, and then later down the line when most of us stop watching, had that old chick as the white ranger in Mystic Force.

Doggie Kruger from SPD was in the japanese ver too:manny:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Certain (:mjpls:) people are complaining about the boob armor and turning it into gender politics like they do everything
I thought you were exaggerating and then I search "boob armor" and there's really people complaining about it. :why:

giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i get the complaints tho. Not saying I agree with it but I certainly understand where they're coming from. I don't know any woman who'd have an issue with it but I wouldn't be mad if they did
The anger over "boob armor" isn't even new though. People online have been bytching about the Wonder Woman movie for having the Amazons in so-called "boob armor". Its gotten kinda ridiculous.