Power of the cloud??? no ...not really, the ps4 pulls away in power using something called HUMA

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
http://www.giantbomb.com/playstatio...t-gamescom-1449848/?page=1#js-message-6852955

Response and Service Request History:

It's not as much that he was misquoted as much as he wasn't quoted at all. You can see the report at http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...et-Unified-Memory-Xbox-One-nicht-1939716.html , which everyone has been quoting, but there is no quote from Marc Diana here, it is either in need of confirmation (which is unlikely, since we cannot confirm hardware functionality for other companies), or is just a misinterpretation of the information given to the writer. If there was a quote there we could analyze it further, but they don't have any sort of exact quote, so I am pretty sure that they just tried to draw some conclusions (IE Kaveri supports hUMA, and Kaveri is coming out at the same time as the PS4, so PS4 supports hUMA, which is erroneous as any chip used by Playstation will be custom-made to their specs, and isn't a Kaveri chip).

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
@PS4 arent you excited, friend. News is ps4 builds outperform xbox 1 builds. Roll with the winners.
What does "PS4 builds" even mean :wtf:
And his article is talking about 3D performance? I'll be seeing 3D via Fortaleza glasses and Illumiroom.

And then you combine the above with this?

Then you actually look at the games that have been shown? Nobody is saying anything nice about PS4 outside of the fanboys. All the developers seem to be aligning themselves up with Microsoft, even the indies :umad:
But feel free ignoring what I put up as you guys cling to articles posted by "The Master" :bryan:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
What does "PS4 builds" even mean :wtf:
And his article is talking about 3D performance? I'll be seeing 3D via Fortaleza glasses and Illumiroom.

And then you combine the above with this?

Then you actually look at the games that have been shown? Nobody is saying anything nice about PS4 outside of the fanboys. All the developers seem to be aligning themselves up with Microsoft, even the indies :umad:
But feel free ignoring what I put up as you guys cling to articles posted by "The Master" :bryan:

everybody ignores u because ur a clown

HUMA IS CONFIRMED

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you mean like dead rising 3 which looks like a xbox game and runs at 10fps... that proof?

uh, it is an "xbox game"

say what you want about the game, but the number of AI is very impressive, and it looks like fun. I honestly wish it was coming to PC

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
HUMA is a good technology in theory, but we need to see what happens in practice

its definitely the future for parallel computing and RTSs
Im pretty skeptical about it making a difference whatsoever in the consoles of this gen. first, because this technology is really new so no one has been using it yet, and second because the latency in question isnt really bottlenecking shyt in current games. high end PCs do just fine when theres cpu cache misses.

in heavy parallel computing, it makes a huge difference.