Power Book II: GHOST Season 4 Thread (The FINAL Season Is Two Parts & Debuts On STARZ June 7th & September 6th)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Im working nikka, I said to go find the interview/podcast. :what:

Seems you mightve misheard him speaking about netflix. :manny:
https://www.youtube-transcript.io/videos/_e9eFaWqQAc - I used AI to transcribe the vid because I aint trying to sit thru an hour of this interview. I searched "netflix". He only mentions netflix in a 3ish minute window. As far as deals, he mentions possibly approaching netflix about a deal because the streamers are handing out deals and he says he can use the fact that he was hired a few times by netflix to get a deal with netflix. So going by that vid, no he doesnt have a deal even though he has worked in a few netflix projects. He mentions being in 5-6 netflix projects in 6 years in contrast to being starz not giving him opportunities. So he did the netflix projects w/o an overall deal, he was just hired by them or ppl like Zack Snyder who have their own deals with netflix.

Here's the interview and I timestamped(1 hour mark) the netflix part for you(only like 3ish minutes).

He doesnt have a deal. Kevin hart has a big netflix deal though. He mentions him and Kev are working on something. So that could be big :yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Seems you mightve misheard him speaking about netflix. :manny:
https://www.youtube-transcript.io/videos/_e9eFaWqQAc - I used AI to transcribe the vid because I aint trying to sit thru an hour of this interview. I searched "netflix". He only mentions netflix in a 3ish minute window. As far as deals, he mentions possibly approaching netflix about a deal because the streamers are handing out deals and he says he can use the fact that he was hired a few times by netflix to get a deal with netflix. So going by that vid, no he doesnt have a deal even though he has worked in a few netflix projects. He mentions being in 5-6 netflix projects in 6 years in contrast to being starz not giving him opportunities. So he did the netflix projects w/o an overall deal.

Here's the interview and I timestamped(1 hour mark) the netflix part for you.

I watched the video, You didn't. I will double back when I can.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That star trek movie isnt a mainline star trek movie like you making it seem with your post. It's a spinoff from the star trek discovery show, that was gonna be a spinoff series, that they turned to a spin off movie for Paramount+. I know because I been waiting on/looking forward to the Section 31 spinoff for a while, since it was rumored years ago after Discovery. Michelle Yeoh is the lead in that(following her character from discovery), not Omari. Notice I said leading or co leading when it came to Omari.

Congrats to him on the show with the Power director though. Hopefully it gets the accolades and stuff to launch his career to the stardom yall think he at.
Just because he been in many netflix projects doesnt mean he has a netflix deal. Also it's only like 3 projects. A tv show that last aired in 2022. Army of the dead movie, that was Zack Snyder's deal with Netfilx.

2 other projects arent coming out:
Movie with halle from Netflix was cancelled even thought most of it was shot.
The army of the anime seems to not be releasing either.

I brought up Aaron because he lead a big netlfix movie with critical acclaim and is now leading/coleading a big DC production.
Rebel ridge was a hit streamingwise and with critics.
That goes against your narrative that being a black man is why Omari isnt leading shyt.

So nothing to back up your claim? aight.

1. OMARI IS THE SECOND BILLED ACTOR
ON THAT STAR TREK PROJECT MAKING HIM
THE CO LEAD.....

2. nikka JON STEWART IS A BLACK MAN.
THEY OBVIOUSLY HAD TO PICK A BLACK MAN
TO PLAY THAT ROLE.

:what:WHAT TYPE OF POINT DID YOU THINK
YOU WERE MAKING WITH THAT?
:devil:
:evil:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

1. OMARI IS THE SECOND BILLED ACTOR
ON THAT STAR TREK PROJECT MAKING HIM
THE CO LEAD.....

2. nikka JON STEWART IS A BLACK MAN.
THEY OBVIOUSLY HAD TO PICK A BLACK MAN
TO PLAY THAT ROLE.

:what:WHAT TYPE OF POINT DID YOU THINK
YOU WERE MAKING WITH THAT?
:devil:
:evil:
1. 2nd billing doesnt mean co lead. All of the rest of the actors, including Omari, are supporting cast. Omari is just the more established of the supporting cast(hench being 2nd billed).
Michelle Yeoh is the only one mentioned in the poster for the movie. If he was the colead, he would be featured more prominently.
Trailer for the movie. He isnt even mentioned in the description and has like 15s in the trailer, and as many lines as the other supporting cast.

Before you go "but but 2nd billed always means co lead" it doesnt.

Hardwick out here eating good :what: he don’t need power
Not saying he does need it. Silk and Chicago making it seem like he should be this big star that's being held back. Seems they felt some type of way when I said Omari isnt that big of a star outside of power(again, nothing wrong with that) to get some special deal from starz like Sheen/Wayne etc did for their stuff. :yeshrug:

Last edited: