POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County

1/1
Democratic Convention reveals new ad featuring unearthed footage of January 6: “If Trump is elected, he will never be held accountable.”

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

Hold off on really going after treason, terrorism, and insurrection so that you can use it for an election campaign and a fear tactic for voters 3 years laters brehs

:francis:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Ellie Quinlan Houghtaling/

August 23, 2024/11:58 a.m. ET

Trump Suddenly Looks Very Afraid of Being Sued by Taylor Swift​

Donald Trump now wants nothing to do with the A.I. images he shared just a few days ago.​

Donald Trump speaking

Rebecca Noble/Getty Images

Donald Trump is trying to brush off the fact that he shared A.I.-generated images of Taylor Swift endorsing his campaign to his Truth Social account earlier this week, now claiming that he doesn’t know “anything about them.”

“I don’t know anything about them, other than somebody else generated them,” Trump told Fox Business correspondent Gary Trimble after his campaign event in Asheboro, North Carolina, on Wednesday. “I didn’t generate them.”

One fabricated image shared by Trump of the notoriously litigious pop star had Swift clad in red, white, and blue, posing like Uncle Sam before an American flag emblazoned with the text: “Taylor wants YOU to vote for Donald Trump.”

“I accept!” Trump captioned the image.

Another Swift-related post shared by the former president depicted a group of women marching in “Swifties for Trump” shirts (the post was labeled satire by its creator).

If Trump truly can’t tell the difference between an A.I. generated image and a genuine photograph, especially one that’s doctored to illustrate a campaign endorsement, then that’s a significant problem. But it’s far from the only A.I.-generated image that Trump has shared in recent weeks. Shortly after he began posting to his Twitter account—the first time he’d done so in earnest since the January 6 riot—the former president shared an A.I.-generated video of himself and X owner Elon Musk dancing.

Still, Trump warned Trimble, “A.I. is always very dangerous.”

“Somebody came out. They said, ‘Oh look at this,’” Trump attempted to explain to the reporter on Wednesday. “These were all made up by other people. A.I. is always very dangerous in that way.”

It’s not the first time this summer that Trump has obsessed over Swift. During a closed-door meeting between Trump and House Republicans in June—his first visit to Capitol Hill since before the January 6 insurrection—Trump insisted on discussing the pop phenom, lamenting that she might endorse President Joe Biden while he was still in the race. Days before the meeting, Variety reported that Trump had spoken at length about Swift in a one-on-one interview, describing her as “unusually beautiful.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/2
BREAKING: Special Counsel Jack Smith has just filed a Superseding Indictment against Donald Trump:

- Prosecutors filed a superseding indictment against Donald Trump after the Supreme Court granted him substantial immunity.

- “The superseding indictment, which was presented to a new grand jury that had not previously heard evidence in this case, reflects the Government’s efforts to respect and implement the Supreme Court’s holdings and remand instructions in Trump v. United States,” the special counsel’s office said.

- The indictment was presented to a new grand jury, not involved in the original case, aligning with the Supreme Court's instructions.

- Prosecutors stated Trump won’t need to appear in person for the new arraignment, and they’ll coordinate with his lawyers on the next steps.

- Special Counsel Jack Smith has been consulting with DOJ officials about Trump's alleged conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election.

2/2
The Grand Juries certainly do.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GWBATeqXAAAU_sb.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps