POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
i'm hoping that this election ends polling for good as an industry

it's nothing but grifters and con artists, making a career out of nothing. polling is completely meaningless :dead:

They won't admit their methodology is outdated. Nobody has landlines, large percentages of millennials and Gen-Xers are too socially retarded to answer calls from numbers they don't recognize, and the country is too split on partisan lines. In the last few months we're seen polls show Biden up by double digits with senior voters (60+ years old), Trump up by double digits with young voters (20-35 years old), and Trump winning 20-30% of the black vote. None of this is logical, none of it is possible. We're talking about generational, historic shifts in voting patterns that fluctuate poll to poll and instead of admitting something is wrong the pollsters just gaslight us.

For these polls to be right, Trump would have to win the popular vote by millions. ONE republican president has won the popular vote since 1992. It's utter madness and nobody will admit something is fukked up with the methodology except for a handful of left leaning poll people. Could Biden lose in November? Of course! But I doubt it happens simply because he has more voters in his pocket in key states.

I'm sticking to my prediction: the United States is moving in the direction of European parliamentary democracies where the president (or prime minister) is often deeply unpopular yet keeps winning elections because voters vote based on party. The era of undecided voters is largely over. I would compare Biden to Macron in France for instance, during his last election. Unpopular, disliked, downright hated by some...and yet steamrolled a MAGA-esque candidate because the country hated her more, and found her to be weird. Same shyt happening here.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

it's nothing but grifters and con artists, making a career out of nothing. polling is completely meaningless :dead:

Is there a different version of this take that makes you not look this bad? Like, what would be the non-cacmambaish way of saying it where it could even be considered as an opinion?

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

Honestly I'd hate to see it go away for good mainly because I grew up with it. Right now polling methods are insanely flawed because 1) the rise of the cell phone and other communication technologies and 2) the rise in the reliance of polls that make use of opt in polls. The Pew Research group basically did a study to learn that The people that participate in them are online trolls (which is something any of us could've told them)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Honestly I'd hate to see it go away for good mainly because I grew up with it. Right now polling methods are insanely flawed because 1) the rise of the cell phone and other communication technologies and 2) the rise in the reliance of polls that make use of opt in polls. The Pew Research group basically did a study to learn that The people that participate in them are online trolls (which is something any of us could've told them)

The quick changes in technology have made polling far more difficult than in the past, but by "insanely flawed", you basically mean they're only getting the winner right 80% of the time rather than 90% like it used to be.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
The quick changes in technology have made polling far more difficult than in the past, but by "insanely flawed", you basically mean they're only getting the winner right 80% of the time rather than 90% like it used to be.

I'm surprised it's at 80% but I'll be honest in saying that I didn't look at the success rate for recent polls

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm surprised it's at 80% but I'll be honest in saying that I didn't look at the success rate for recent polls

That was just a WAG based on the ballpark that missing 20% of the races would mean getting 87 House races wrong out of 435.

And House races get minimal polling compared to presidential races. Out of 50 states each year, how many do you think pollsters are actually missing? Back in the Obama era 538 managed to get 100% and 98% in the two elections. Do pollsters as a whole ever get more than 10 states wrong in a modern presidential election?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I'd hate to see it go away for good mainly because I grew up with it.
what would change if polling went away? :dead:

for the record, im mostly talking right wingers. Rasmussen. Rich Baris :scust: as much as i'll enjoy seeing them crushed and humiliated, i dont see what they bring to the table