POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's been a couple Republicans already that went on record saying they'll vote no on Emmer because of his previous votes for gays and such

I don't think there is a single republican who can get 217 at this point

There's at least a couple who have said as much publicly. They even went as far as to say "nothing" would change their mind on Emmer. Remember that whoever it is can only lose 4 votes on the floor so it's going to be very tricky. I don't like the idea of the Democrats "saving the day..."

Who on the right could Dems even co-sign that would make sense..

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
There's at least a couple who have said as much publicly. They even went as far as to say "nothing" would change their mind on Emmer. Remember that whoever it is can only lose 4 votes on the floor so it's going to be very tricky. I don't like the idea of the Democrats "saving the day..."

Dems aren't coming to save the day

The dysfunction of the Republican party is gonna bring congress and the country to a huge halt in like 3 weeks when we have government shutdown deadline again

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dems aren't coming to save the day

The dysfunction of the Republican party is gonna bring congress and the country to a huge halt in like 3 weeks when we have government shutdown deadline again

Either that or someone is going to take a huge L politically. The "moderate" group that has dug in are larger than the "group of 8" so maybe the group of 8 will be forced to hold the L. I'm not sure how far any of these groups are willing to go. Everyone can talk shyt until it's their career on the line.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Liz Cheney is the most obvious option. Will Hurd is next. Going by the theory Republicans put out themselves that the Spreaker of the House doesn't actually have to be a sitting member of the House.

If you have to pick a sitting member, it would be Brian Fitzpatrick, I assume.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i disagree. hakeem is not gonna be speaker this session, so it's time to stop putting up the meaningless 213 votes for him, and get realistic about what kinda person ends up getting this seat

if we were really that close to a fukkin fakkit like jim jordan becoming speaker, at what point is it better for the dems, and america, that we take part in selecting a rational republican who hates trump behind closed doors, if not publicly?

who do we want as Speaker, when trump refuses to concede in '24 and tries to overthrow our democracy? someone like jim jordan, or someone like justin amash/cheney/kinzinger? we're looking at a whole lot of violence and institutional strain if trump loses :snoop:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i disagree. hakeem is not gonna be speaker this session, so it's time to stop putting up the meaningless 213 votes for him, and get realistic about what kinda person ends up getting this seat

if we were really that close to a fukkin fakkit like jim jordan becoming speaker, at what point is it better for the dems, and america, that we take part in selecting a rational republican who hates trump behind closed doors, if not publicly?

who do we want as Speaker, when trump refuses to concede in '24 and tries to overthrow our democracy? someone like jim jordan, or someone like justin amash/cheney/kinzinger? we're looking at a whole lot of violence and institutional strain if trump loses :snoop:

I thought about naming Amash or Kinzinger, but my impression is that they're so isolated from other Republicans, it would be basically the same as nominating a democrat.

Liz Cheney is hated too, but she at least had enough cred from her previous leadership position that she might be able to pull enough Republican votes. Or someone like Hurd or Fitzpatrick who never actually left the party like Amash and Kinzinger, but who still has highly bipartisan instincts and have opposed Trump at some points.

Daps
I thought about naming Amash or Kinzinger, but my impression is that they're so isolated from other Republicans, it would be basically the same as nominating a democrat.

Liz Cheney is hated too, but she at least had enough cred from her previous leadership position that she might be able to pull enough Republican votes. Or someone like Hurd or Fitzpatrick who never actually left the party like Amash and Kinzinger, but who still has highly bipartisan instincts and have opposed Trump at some points.

Man, this is such a weird ass conversation to be having. What Republican leader will the Dems pick.

Although, assuming the Dems back someone, will that speaker have any real power?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Man, this is such a weird ass conversation to be having. What Republican leader will the Dems pick.

Although, assuming the Dems back someone, will that speaker have any real power?

I don't know enough about how the dynamics work to understand what kind of power they would have. But as leader they could call shyt to a vote, like budgets and stuff to keep the government running, and that would allow bipartisan legislation to pass that no conservative Speaker would ever have allowed to call to a vote.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah, it cant actually be someone who "fought" trump publicly. maybe someone like fred upton

i have no idea how this ends, but if 5 republicans approach the dems and say "hey, vote for ken buck/don bacon with us".... i think theres a point where the dems should do it. trump has to be shot down big time by House leadership after losing in '24, not enabled by some traitor like jordan

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
yeah, it cant actually be someone who "fought" trump publicly. maybe someone like fred upton

i have no idea how this ends, but if 5 republicans approach the dems and say "hey, vote for ken buck/don bacon with us".... i think theres a point where the dems should do it. trump has to be shot down big time by House leadership after losing in '24, not enabled by some traitor like jordan

I don't think that's how it works does it? Don't the Republicans first have to get a vote to the floor? The guys you are naming are never going to win the nomination in their own party to ever get to the floor.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Trump told his fans they 'don't have to vote' and should 'watch' other voters instead​

Matthew Loh

Oct 24, 2023, 12:02 AM EDT

Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump delivers remarks during a campaign event on October 23, 2023 in Derry, New Hampshire.

Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump delivers remarks during a campaign event on October 23, 2023 in Derry, New Hampshire. Scott Eisen/Getty Images
  • Former President Donald Trump told his supporters they "don't have to vote" for him.
  • He said they should instead "watch" other voters, alluding to his false election fraud claims.
  • "You don't have to vote, don't worry about voting," he told his New Hampshire fans.

Former President Donald Trump told supporters at a New Hampshire rally that they don't need to vote on election day next year.

Instead, they should spend their time keeping an eye on other voters, he said.
Speaking at the Monday event in Derry, Trump once again alluded to his baseless claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him.

"So we have to be careful, you gotta get out there and you got to watch those voters," Trump said. "You don't have to vote, don't worry about voting. The voting, we got plenty of votes, you gotta watch."

Trump, who often campaigns and fundraises off a debunked claim that the 2020 election was rigged, in his speech criticized current voting requirements in the US and called for more counter-fraud measures in national elections.

Trump secured the GOP nomination in New Hampshire in the 2016 and 2020 primaries, but subsequently lost the state to Hillary Clinton and President Joe Biden in the presidential elections.

When asked to comment on the former president's Monday statements, a spokesperson for Trump told Insider: "He was clearly talking about election integrity and making sure only legal votes are counted, and not letting what happened in 2020 happen again."

The 2024 campaign team for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who's competing with Trump for the GOP nomination, seized upon the former president's remarks about voting.

"This is the type of talk that loses elections," wrote DeSantis' press secretary, Bryan Griffin, on X.

During his speech, Trump also compared himself to South African anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela, and cast himself as a victim in the four criminal indictments and other civil trials he's facing.

"I don't mind being Nelson Mandela because I'm doing it for a reason," he said.

The former president has been slapped with 91 felony charges since March.

Before the rally, he denied that he had ever been indicted, though he's personally appeared in court to plead not guilty to the crimes he's been accused of.

"This is all Biden stuff, all of these indictments that you see. I was never indicted, you practically never heard the word, it wasn't a word that registered," he told reporters.

He had visited New Hampshire's state Capitol that day to officially file the paperwork for his GOP nomination bid.

A spokesperson for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment sent outside regular business hours.

Read next