roiVc0C.png
From Jew-Z to Jazquiat:hhh::mjgrin::heh::banderas:

Last edited:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Nas Has Secretly Built A Venture Capital Tech Investment Empire | Celebrity Net Worth
"One of Nas' earliest forays into the business world happened in 2013 when he made a six-figure investment in a defunct brand called "Mass Appeal." Along with a capital injection from investment firm White Owl Partners, Mass Appeal was resurrected from a dead brand to one that today operates a quarterly print publication, creative agency, a digital video production company and documentary production company. In 2014 Mass Appeal launched a record company that, appropriate, released Nas' album Nassir in 2018.

Mass Appeal's success opened doors for the rapper at some of New York City and Silicon Valley's largest investment companies. One of those firms was Andreesen Horowitz. The firm's co-founder Ben Horowitz bonded with Nas over a shared love of hip hop and a investing. It was Ben who encouraged Nas to open his own VC firm.

That's how QueensBridge Venture Partners was born."

Jay-Z’s Venture Fund Raises $85 Million For Cultural Investments
"Jay-Z’s got 99 problems but a new venture fund ain’t one, since he’s raised a ton of cash. The rapper and business mogul’s Marcy Venture Partners (MVP) was able to create an $85 million fund to invest in consumer-focused startups, according to a recently released SEC filing. The venture was established in 2018 and raised the capital from 54 investors, for its first fund."

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Did anyone ever talk about how Jay-Z changed to "JAY Z" at some point? I'm pretty sure right around the time EDM artists starting capitalizing their shyt with no dashes. I didn't do research on this but don't @ me in either case.

It was so random and so stupid