Post A Picture Of Someone From Your Youth The Younger Generation Would Have No Clue Was A Big Deal…

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
The original Ms Cleo!

tenor.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you don't know, we'll be more than happy to tell you......as long as our Alzhiemer's don't prevent us.....:russell:

Man I loved watching old shows as a youngster. The fact I didn't know the people made me want to watch the show even more. That is why I knew so many old shows and entertainers from before I was born. To me it was just a way to take a peek into a time before you were born. So even as a kid in the 80s and 90s I would watch old shows just to catch on to shyt my parents or grand parents, teachers or elders (I worked with at my summer job at 15 or 16) were saying.

Then hit them elders with a response and they would be like :damn: young blood how you know about that. Then I would be like old school some of us youngins know about that too...:myman:.

I think back in the past the youngsters wanted to know about past entertainment much more. Than today where past entertainment is treated more disposable and pass its prime so that new entertainment can be consumed quickly.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
merlin_10786233_1a099c4a-308a-4de4-9427-3dc18f8a9b11-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

These two would pop up on tv telling real life horror stories over creepy ass music and voiceovers.. and then be like

They’re still on the loose but YOU can help us catch them

This mf still gives me the creeps. How someone can look and sound creepy at the same time is WILD. As an adult Unsolved Mysteries is a GOAT show and I understand why my parents watched but as a kid, GTFOH. I used to run to my room as soon as I heard that creepy ass music

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also a lot of you zoomers don't know, but many gen X and Millennials knew about shows from the 50s and 60s cause all the way to the late 90s and early 2000s a lot of them old 50s and 60s shows were shown in syndication.

So you could be a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s and know all the characters on a 50s show like honey mooners or I love Lucy cause it was shown in syndication. Or know shows from the 60s and even early 70s. Syndication TV was huge back then before all these cable shows just started to show movies and reality tv shows to fill in time slots.

All of this! My mom is a I Love Lucy stan. Whenever it would be on she'd know each episode and tell me exactly what's gong to happen lol. The only reruns I've watched religiously was the Golden Girls. GG is GOATED. The comedic timing of all of them is impeccable

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Alf scared the shyt out of me when I was little
:huhldup: I used to start crying when this demon showed up on TV

they sent ALF to the upper room on “end” of the show

(Crazy that the show got cancelled on a cliffhanger)

This and Dinosaurs cartoon had some DARK ass endings.