Polygon: How EA nearly ruined Titanfall (and Apex Legends brought it back)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think TF1 failed because they didn't put it out on PS4. The game came out during the Spring, and I think the last big shooter that was getting burn on PS4 was like BF4 at the time. It was a missed opportunity, but MS was pushing it to be their next big console shooter, but the Xbox didn't have the clout or user base to make the game a hit like the PS4 could have.

Had it dropped at the same time on PS4 it probably would have been a big success because PS4 users only had the traditional multiplats to play (COD and BF) and Killzone which was a dud.

PS4 dropped in 2013, Titanfall released in March 2014. They would of had a better shot at carving out a fanbase on PS4 IMO with TF1
Also. There was no real campaign mode. And it was lacking in content. People kinda dubbed that shyt for all these reasons.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
And if it had failed, Apex and Titanfall 3 wouldn’t be dropping at all:mjlol:

U are shytting on a game that birthed the game u love. Think about that for second. A game u never even played I might add. Titanfall 2 was one of the best FPS to drop this gen.

Exactly but I'm the one with no common sense lol

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And if it had failed, Apex and Titanfall 3 wouldn’t be dropping at all:mjlol:
Man you really think EA wasn't gonna make a battle royal gams.. Titanfall did fail and they still made apex If EA has there way titanfall will be a dead franchise and they will force Apex new modes

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
titian fall died because it was an xbox exclusive nothing more nothing less at a time when it was even cooler to hate on xbox games.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also. There was no real campaign mode. And it was lacking in content. People kinda dubbed that shyt for all these reasons.
They were ahead of their time. Look at how many games don't have a traditional campaign that do exceptionally well right now
:wow:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Titan Fall 2 is my goat shooter this gen..I leveled up to lvl g6.55 or some wild shyt..gameplay is incredibly fluid and everything feels fair. I joke Apex bros if they put titans in there even in a specialty mode then it's a fukkin wrap just due to how they are not over powered. I used to be called the titan killer :wow:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I played TItanfall 1 multi a shyt ton, it was crack till the end :wow:

2's single player was so great too but I never touched multi even though I have it on every system I own :wow: