Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i'll tell ya man i was just watchin dark knight again for a few cause it was on tnt... and i gotta be honest it's startin to hold up less and less for me.

startin to think maybe i really do like the burton ones more.:manny:
Lol. The burton movies didnt hold up at all. Pure schlocky camp.

Those prince songs in batman. The cheesey 80sness of it. Those movies are horrifically dated.

Tdk could have came out yesterday.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't mind the Burton films and I actually think Keaton is the best Wayne but :whoa:

From an acting/technical standpoint Nolan's films are flat out superior

see i think that's where i disagree.

nolan's movies are a lot more ambitious but i think burton's movies work better as entertainment.

and as far as acting i would definitely give the edge to the burton movies. can't really think of anyone who brought their movie DOWN the same way that katie holmes did.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
see i think that's where i disagree.

nolan's movies are a lot more ambitious but i think burton's movies work better as entertainment.

and as far as acting i would definitely give the edge to the burton movies. can't really think of anyone who brought their movie DOWN the same way that katie holmes did.

Tommy Lee's overacting ass in Forever? But then again you'd probably argue that it adds to the entertainment factor and feels right for that flick right?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tommy Lee's overacting ass in Forever? But then again you'd probably argue that it adds to the entertainment factor and feels right for that flick right?

i'm not talkin about schumacher's, just burton's.

and yea i would say tommy lee delivered exactly what that movie called for. wasn't a stand out performance or anything like that but it definitely felt "right".

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i'm not talkin about schumacher's, just burton's.

and yea i would say tommy lee delivered exactly what that movie called for. wasn't a stand out performance or anything like that but it definitely felt "right".

Yeah no one in Burton's films are flat at all. Joker is over the top but you can be over the top with that character. Bassinger isn't as bad as Holmes. I don't like DeVitto's Penguin but that's just because I don't like that interpretation of the character

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah no one in Burton's films are flat at all. Joker is over the top but you can be over the top with that character. Bassinger isn't as bad as Holmes. I don't like DeVitto's Penguin but that's just because I don't like that interpretation of the character

exactly. look at how many of the main characters gave stand out performances. a lot of people (myself included) still think keaton is the best batman. plus don't forget michelle pfeiffer as catwoman because she basically redefined that character forever.

plus you also had a great alfred, christopher walken, etc.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
exactly. look at how many of the main characters gave stand out performances. a lot of people (myself included) still think keaton is the best batman. plus don't forget michelle pfeiffer as catwoman because she basically redefined that character forever.

plus you also had a great alfred, christopher walken, etc.

Walked us so subdued in that movie but yeah everyone fits the tone that he is putting on screen. No one is boring

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ya know i luped in forever mentally...the first two...not ALOT is wrong and i disagree but respectt he opinion. Mutant-like penguin is always silly to me and i prefer tdk joker to 1989 joker as good as nicholson was.

well yea i'm takin heath's joker over jack's joker too. heath MADE tdk.

plus at the end of the day that movie captured the batman/joker dynamic FAR better than the 89 movie ever did. so there's that too.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Looking back both of the Avengers movies were pretty lack luster imo. They were good action popcorn flicks, but that's really all they had going for them outside a few moments with each film. Not saying that's a bad thing, cuz they catered to an audience that appreciated that and banked. Whenever the Dark Knight is on television I tend to not change the channel.

A better movie to compare TDK is Winter Soldier. I'm appreciating that film even more now that time has passed :wow:. Civil War might top that, but I feel like they might be trying to do too much in that film. That's for another thread, but I hope I'm wrong.