Poll: Should Roman beat the all time record as heavyweight champ and keep the title until September 2024?

Let Roman break the all time record?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
WM40 is the final window, he keeps it after that you dilute the title. Not only that, but didn't Baklund, Sammartino, and Hoegan have more title bouts under their reigns (no pun intended)?
Hogan's 4 year title reign he defended the title 170 times. Title Reigns « WWE Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database

Roman has defended the Universal title 30 times in the 3.3 years he's had it. Title Reigns « WWE Universal Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database

Backlund had 882 defenses Title Reigns « WWE Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database

Bruno had 665 defenses Title Reigns « WWE Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database

According to CAGEMATCH Backlund the 🐐 when it comes to the amount of title defenses.

This is not including dark matches or house shows which you can check mark in the box on the site if you want those numbers too.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
I feel like Cody going to end up like Seth in my eyes when be wins
Hear me out, I think Seth is better chasing the title than actually having the title if that makes sense.
But if they don't book Brock vs Guther by next year's Mania they really will drop the ball.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does it even matter since they got another title and dude barely shows up? :ld: They can keep the belt on dude for another decade at this rate :heh:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
The Bloodline story has just about run its course. You can't go past the next WM without ending it/putting the title on Rhodes. Just add "modern" to the "longest title reign" record and be done with it already.
If he does drop it at WM having the 4th longest reign ever is still quite the accomplishment.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
To surpass Bruno they'd have to wait till like February or March of 2028 :dead: Bruno's first run last 7 years and a half.

Putting Bruno as a goal is not realistic nor fun so it makes sense to just use Ho Kogan's.
At least he will pass Bruno's 2nd reign. That's gonna happen around Jan. 20th.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I feel like Cody going to end up like Seth in my eyes when be wins
Hear me out, I think Seth is better chasing the title than actually having the title if that makes sense.
But if they don't book Brock vs Guther by next year's Mania they really will drop the ball.

People don't wanna admit it, but, they would've soured on Cody the same way the AEW crowd soured on him.

The kids would still love him, because he's a great babyface, but, imagine that Night of Champion's match was for the title and Cody was trying to sell defending with a broken arm against Brock Lesnar.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well to move the wwe narrative. away from both wwf boom periods.
It would make sense for the wwe to go in that direction. So in legacy after the merger. The company was not shackled.
by legends in the orange goblin.
To scsa or Hollywood rock.

As it gives the company a chance to expand. While also having a new central character aesthetic to fallback on in current legacy. Yet not to crown la knight over Reigns during this merger. Or to elevate knight over Rollins.
So you have a real gateway performer who in legacy embodies. Where the company was to the present. Imo would be a better look during this merger. As Reigns still only makes it appear as though the wwe. Is still under the guise of only elevating the Hollywood drawing blockbuster relatives of the rock. Which pigeons holes the product. Back into a nepotism based carryover from the attitude era. When wwe after the merger. Needs a gateway talent. That can actually carry the company via promo or vignette. Not based around orange goblin semantics of very few inring outings. To shield an anemiac workrate and mic work. That the harkens back.
to only barely as good as the orange goblin.

So wwe will still stick to Reigns. As it embodies nepotism. Of which cripple ache needs this nepotism style and direction to draw upon. As this merger is only a product.
of a failed boom and salvaging the collapse of an entire boom period.

Instead of moving into a realm.
where the product is actually based on real workrate and talented mic work.
As long as this company is centered upon nepotism.

This company will be doomed to never recreate a boom.

Art Barr

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
I want Roman to break Hogans record but Cody needs to win that title at 40. This bloodline story got stale months ago. It was at its height when Sami fukkery was going on.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Bragging about the world records of pre-determined fights entertainment is one of the lamest things ever :laugh:

If the same guy has to win the most important belt in your company for three years straight, that means the rest of your talent sucks or you are not good at building your talent.

This is bullshyt. None of those guys can draw half of what Roman does when he shows up. Cody over here getting 1.2s.

If Seth went to aew tomorrow not one ticket would move. Roman goes to aew the arena is full.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Cody’s window I think expires at Mania. People aren’t going to care much after that

As much as I would love for him to pass that piece of garbage the move needs to happen at Mania. Nobody’s passing Sammartino so holding up a storyline just for second place makes no real sense
Cody needs to win something huge