Poll: How many people who usually cop 2K every year, won't this season?

How many people who usually cop 2K every year, won't this season?

• Total voters

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
ya boy is on the cover though :beli:
636661279179730814-2KSWIN-NBA2K19-STD-AG-FOB-ESRB.jpg

That doesn't matter

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I've bought every 2k game since 2k7 and I bought 2k18 after the new year b/c I got it for cheap. I only touched 2k17 a few times and was done with it. Frankly, I'm just tired of 2k and they are starting to resemble NBA Live when it started going down the drain in the mid 00's.

The gameplay mechanics are broken in different areas, the introduction of vc points, etc., bottom line 2k is looking like a shell of itself. Adding classic teams & introducing All-time squads is not going to get it done.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I don't have the people nearby to play against competitively any more. So I'll probably pass.

Also, last year I copped it for cheap thru that connect on here. But that shyt was skressful and had me coming up with on the spot lies to get the Gamespot employee to let me use those codes. I refuse to pay full price for 2K

Really? I used the gamestop dude for 3 games this year and haven't had one problem. Was planning on doing it again for spidey but this is worrysome.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Really? I used the gamestop dude for 3 games this year and haven't had one problem. Was planning on doing it again for spidey but this is worrysome.

Yup.

So I tried this out for the first time today and here was my experience. I walked in the Gamestop and asked if they had 2K18. The guy scans it.

Me: I got a few coupons too
GS employee: Okay, what's your phone number.
Me: *Gives him my number and he pulls up my account. I then pull up the $25 coupon from the email from the connect*

The prices drops $25.
I pull up the $10 coupon and it subtracts another $10

Me: *thinking "This is pretty painless"*
GS employee: Hold up a second *whips out tablet*
Me: :lupe:
GSE: What was your account # again?
Me: *gives it to him*
GSE: Yeah, so these coupons aren't attached to your account.
Me: Okay, use this other account. My cousin works for GS and said you gotta have an account that's why I gave you mine. Try his.
GSE: All I see on this account is the one $25 coupon. I can scan that one but I can't do the others because they don't belong to this account.
Me: :dahell: Well he said you could.
GSE: I can't, if I do this account will be suspended.
Me: :manny: Well that's what he told me so...
GSE: :comeon:
Me: :whoa: Hold up let me call him.

So I leave the store and hit up my connect. He says the employee is being an ass and to go to another GS. But I can't because it's too far out and I gotta get back home. So I'm sitting here reading up on other people's experiences and brainstorming. I eventually decide I'll just roll with the $25 off account. fukk it, I saved $5. So I go back inside.

GSE: Back?
Me: Yeah, let's just use that other account. I don't feel like arguing.
GSE: Okay, what was the phone number? And can you pull up that coupon again.

At this point I realize something is up. I see he has the coupon from the $25 account pulled up on his tablet. I quickly see the numbers don't match. So I realize he's onto me. I tell him my phone is acting up and he goes to help another customer. When he's gone I'm thinking about bailing.

GSE: You pull it up yet?
Me: Nah man, phone is acting up. Can we just do the one on the account then?
GSE: Well I was gonna just let you use the other coupons. I don't really care any more if he gets his account suspended.
Me: Aight cool.
GSE: I was just going to match the $25 coupon and let you use the other ones.
Me: Aight let's try again.

I let him scan the $10 and $15 coupons. I tell him that the one I had for $25 won't pull up. He says fukk it and scans it off the tablet. I walked away owing $10.

Moral of the story, this can work but damn it's risky and depends on the associate at GameStop. I probably won't do it again. But YMMV

As a sign of good faith I stuck around for another 15 minutes and chatted him up about MvC Infinite, Xbox One X, and the next Red Dead Redemption.

:whew:

It wasn't just me either.

My Gamestop did me dirty and was like...nah nikka we ain't taking your shyt...you can only use one...:francis:

and cac had the :upsetfavre:face....

and I wasn't even gonna buy 2K without the coupons...I could use all the coupons and my powerup card last time...but I fukking preordered for the free VC and got fukked over:stopitslime:

Bro you supposed to tell them nikkas to try it and see if it works. I ran into that same issue when I first started and demanded they try scanning more than one. Worked out for me :manny:.

I aint doing that shyt again. Too stressful.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This will be the first year I didn’t cop since 2k7. Just not fun to me anymore and the past few years I was copping out of habit.

Stopped WWE and Madden the past two years. Done with these yearly franchises that are the same shyt every year.

Yearly releases need to be a thing of the past, the greediness and the idea that taking your time to make a complete game will not be profitable enough is killing sports games..
However I havnt bought a 2k game since 2k16 and barely played that so when I picked up 18 it felt new to me. I also only buy these games to create my own franchise or CAW in wwe once I get over that I'm out for a few more years..

To play devils advocate, you cant expect them to fix these flaws in their code in the timeframe that they have to get a new release, they are probably trying to fix things but these issues may take 2-3 years to fix and because greed they cant afford to take their time and really work on it.. Fire pro been in beta for over a year now and we still don't have a gm mode or the NJPW DLC they been promising and that's a 2d game

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
To be honest my son and my nephews they all game together they wasn’t fukking with 2K. They loved that NBA Live the one shyt
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To answer the OP I’m copping the $100 version. First time I’ve done so and I’ve been playing 2K all my life basically :wow:.

This may be my last one fr though :wow:.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I cop 2k every year and it's one of the few yearly games worth the $60.

Why is it worth $60 because I play it year round and it has a shyt ton of content. I love the game of basketball and love playing simulated video game basketball. It's a video game nothing more...nothing less. A video game will never give you the same feel as playing real ball that's just facts. 2k does a good enough job for as much material as they provide every year. People are really complaining about missing a wide open 3. It happens bruh...it's not like you missing excellent green releases out here.