Poll: 2 years of CM Punk in AEW. Rate it on a scale of 1-10.

CM Punk in AEW so far

Votes: 6 11.1%

Votes: 3 5.6%

Votes: 2 3.7%

Votes: 6 11.1%

Votes: 9 16.7%

Votes: 5 9.3%

Votes: 12 22.2%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Punk will re-sign with AEW next year

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Punk will not re-sign with AEW next year

• Total voters

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Other than his injury he’s done the best he could with what he’s been given. Everybody knew what they were getting when they chanted his name and marked out on Rampage. The problem here was not that he did what he did but that he had to do it in the first place. He dropped the cult like veil around AEW.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I gave it a 1 in mind, but gave it a 2 on the poll just bc of the hype it brought

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Some of yall just hating saying 1-5/10 calm down :pachaha:

Until this banned from Collision shyt that came up this week even that show and his matches were fine. Then last week it turned

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Some of yall just hating saying 1-5/10 calm down :pachaha:

Until this banned from Collision shyt that came up this week even that show and his matches were fine. Then last week it turned

When he came back from his stage dive injury, the storyline with Moxley sucked. Then he injures himself AGAIN, the guy supposed to fight him next gets bigger cheers than him, he shyts on the company in the press conference, knocks out one of the EVPs in a fight that causes a suspension for one of AEW's biggest single stars. Not to mention his injury/drama basically throws off the main event booking for the rest of the year bc Tony Khan sucks at adapting.

He comes back again and instead of being a fire-breathing heel he is some lame ass version of 1997 Bret Hart, and gets involved with backstage drama again. The ratings for Collision have already tanked and the crowds are getting smaller and smaller in the building.

From his debut to the dumb stage dive injury he was probably at a solid 8/10, but everything from his return from that injury to now would be as close to a 1/10 as it gets, so I think an overall 5/10 feels fair

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
When he came back from his stage dive injury, the storyline with Moxley sucked. Then he injures himself AGAIN, the guy supposed to fight him next gets bigger cheers than him, he shyts on the company in the press conference, knocks out one of the EVPs in a fight that causes a suspension for one of AEW's biggest single stars. Not to mention his injury/drama basically throws off the main event booking for the rest of the year bc Tony Khan sucks at adapting.

He comes back again and instead of being a fire-breathing heel he is some lame ass version of 1997 Bret Hart, and gets involved with backstage drama again. The ratings for Collision have already tanked and the crowds are getting smaller and smaller in the building.

From his debut to the dumb stage dive injury he was probably at a solid 8/10, but everything from his return from that injury to now would be as close to a 1/10 as it gets, so I think an overall 5/10 feels fair

Man it was less than 2 weeks ago everyone was like Collision is the best wrestling show on TV and were praising him as being part of the process and it was doing well for a Saturday show. It just feels like a lot of the reaction is over the leak story about who can or cant be there and half of that backstage drama is based on who leaks it which is the other side. The ratings were gonna what they were with they schedule of pre-tapes and clashes with PPVs so I dont know man, even the attendance they were selling better Dynamite coming out of Canada last couple weeks until they got to wherever they were this week ....1 out of 5 also seems extremely reactionary to a lot of things going on

Last edited:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they weren't a bunch of soft ass hoez, The Bucks, Omega, CM Punk would be in one of the most money feuds of all time.

But since that didn't come to pass idk, I guess i'll give it a 6/10. Punks current run has had it's moments but it's nothing to write home about.

i like how the votes are spread over the whole range 1-10 :mjgrin:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You give his run a 1 but not Venables for that nasty ass 6-7 first season :mjpls:
*yawn* keep in mind once again, this is YOU starting things.

2 yrs of wack when the world was anticipating your return. You like alot of trash from Jeff Jarrett to apparently CM Punk as well.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
*yawn* keep in mind once again, this is YOU starting things.

2 yrs of wack when the world was anticipating your return. You like alot of trash from Jeff Jarrett to apparently CM Punk as well.
I dont really care either way honestly, But a 1-2 breh? Come on now…

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Honestly, I wouldn't even know what was going on in AEW if it wasn't for Punk being around. He's kept the interest/fukkery up his entire run. His style in the ring was gonna have to adapt over time because he's not very athletic, but his promos and character are still there. I'd give him a 7-8...

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps

Feuds with Darby, Kingston, and MJF were great, especially with MJF :ohlawd: Tríos match with Punk/Sting/Darby in different facepaint vs MJF/FTR was an underrated match, I just remembered how fun it was :wow:

The media scrum was the fukkery we needed. Sucks that TK is too much of a fanboy mark toy collector to put his foot down and make them all work a shoot into a worked shoot. This mishandling brought his run down at least 3 points.