Poll: 1 week away.. who wins @ WrestleMania, Roman or Cody?

Does Roman retain at Mania or nah?

• Roman retains

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Cody wins

Votes: 50 53.8%
  • Roman *should* retain

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Cody *should* win

Votes: 24 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No one called this storyline a classic :gucci:

That was the Bloodline story with Jey and Sami. Cody had nothing to do with that.

This is a forced and rushed storyline that just began barely 2 months ago.
Been hearing that Bloodline Arc is a subset of the three year long Tribal Chief arc which has been labeled a classic as "longterm storytelling".

Could be wrong, I'll admit that. Like I said I don't quite follow as much as most people do.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Surprised they didn’t find a way to incorporate this into the storyline, Cody being pushed Rome was bout to beat his pops with a chair.

I guess because Big Show and Dean was too big a part of this

And I don’t give a fukk what anyone says, Steph was a GOAT character. Her being gone is low key one of the biggest losses WWE ever took :unimpressed:
Dean with AEW under another name, who knows what the hell big show doing, he was middle-age by the time the skit filmed

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Cawdy almost has to win unless the story is really about Jey. It feels inevitable that he wins at WM which is why I think it's too obvious at this point. Part of me at least. I think Roman retains to be different.

I never get this attitude from wrestling fans.

Most of the time good wrestling is about doing the obvious. Otherwise you're doing some Russo shock value shyt with no logic.

We all knew Austin was winning the title at 14 and 15. All them early Hogan Manias weren't gonna end differently.

The key to wrestling is not overthinking it and just doing what feels right, and this feels right.

No one cares about these arbitary number of days for title reigns that Roman is on. It doesn't make a difference if it's 900 days or 1000. It's the longest modern reign by a long distance. Most fans don't even know who the fukk Bruno and Backlund are.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A white guy in a suit with the American flag showed up. What do people expect? /sarcasm

In all reality, Cody is that guy right now and WWE needs a big time face. They don't have any faces as nearly as over as Cody- Sami is close and maybe it would have been possible if they booked him to go over, but Sami Zayn doing media the way Cody does media? Sami having believable feuds against Gunther, Lesnar, etc? I know its less of a huge deal in WWE compared to AEW but I have to be honest - I don't find Sami's in ring work to be very entertaining. The match means something if there is emotion behind it, but do I want to watch him with random bad guy or fight from underneath against anyone that isn't an Uso or Roman? No. I think even if he went over I would feel that way and we'd be looking at a 2-3 month reign and then similar to Kofi he gets squashed in 5 minutes.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
1vL4mZl.png
It was Best for Business.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
:hubie:It wasn't the right time for Roman to lose the title. Maybe later.

Lol @ the idea that Roman NOT losing hurts him more than it hurts Cody. fukk outta here. Cacs so transparent.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
A white guy in a suit with the American flag showed up. What do people expect? /sarcasm

In all reality, Cody is that guy right now and WWE needs a big time face. They don't have any faces as nearly as over as Cody- Sami is close and maybe it would have been possible if they booked him to go over, but Sami Zayn doing media the way Cody does media? Sami having believable feuds against Gunther, Lesnar, etc? I know its less of a huge deal in WWE compared to AEW but I have to be honest - I don't find Sami's in ring work to be very entertaining. The match means something if there is emotion behind it, but do I want to watch him with random bad guy or fight from underneath against anyone that isn't an Uso or Roman? No. I think even if he went over I would feel that way and we'd be looking at a 2-3 month reign and then similar to Kofi he gets squashed in 5 minutes.
Kofi got squashed in like 10 seconds breh. I don’t even think the match lasted that long actually :snoop:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think the news of the Endeavor deal breaking over this weekend played the biggest factor into keeping Roman as champ.

Cody definitely gonna hold the title(s) one day tho.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's funny is I did want Cody to go over- but even I picked Cody *should* win because while I wanted it...I didn't even really believe it. I still think his time will come someday. Am interested in Brock vs Cody if that is where they are going, which looks like will be for the next few months.