Poll: 1 week away.. who wins @ WrestleMania, Roman or Cody?

Does Roman retain at Mania or nah?

• Roman retains

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Cody wins

Votes: 50 53.8%
  • Roman *should* retain

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Cody *should* win

Votes: 24 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Cody is ready... but Roman CANNOT lose. They have to pull the trigger on Roman entering the top 5 title reigns of all time. If it doesn't happen now it never will again. Best they can do is have Cody win one belt.... but since they haven't brought that up late it may be too late. Maybe the night after mania if Cody wins Paul Heyman comes out and reveals a secret stipulation in the contract that it was only for the WWE title... keeping Roman reign in tow since it started with the universal

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Cody is ready... but Roman CANNOT lose. They have to pull the trigger on Roman entering the top 5 title reigns of all time.

Why? If he was on the cusp of being #1 then sure.. but who cares about entering the top 5 or getting to 1000 days? Those are arbitrary numbers that can be used in a trivia game someday, but they have no bearing on how great his run was.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm getting paranoid now that he's going to injure himself or something prior to WM - but I think/want Cody to win.

lol they have him out here doing all kinds of promo and random commercials now -

Even if he loses they definitely have plans to use him but I suspect and hope he goes over.

Last edited:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Why? If he was on the cusp of being #1 then sure.. but who cares about entering the top 5 or getting to 1000 days? Those are arbitrary numbers that can be used in a trivia game someday, but they have no bearing on how great his run was.

That's an opinion and we all have one. But you contradicted your self by saying "if he's on the cusp of being number one then sure" because has to get to top 5 to reach number one to begin with... which is my whole point. Once he gets to 5th, 4th isn't that far off (200 more days) then another 200 more for 3rd. We know he won't reach 2000+ but it will Suspend belief and restore the feeling of what wrestling used to be.

It gives Roman a whole new storyline after he beats Cody...beating Brunos record because he's in GOD mode and is the greatest champion of all time. He still has some feuds left especially a big money match with Lashley at some point, AJ styles etc. Like I was saying I think Cody can take one belt off of him that's fine... but this "GOD mode" storyline has to continue.

You say the length of a title reign doesn't mean anything so why do we as a collective count the number of reigns to mean something... dude hasn't lost in 3yrs... who cares if cena was playing hot potato with the belt to get 16 when Roman has 900 days... probably more than all of cenas reigns put together.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
That's an opinion and we all have one. But you contradicted your self by saying "if he's on the cusp of being number one then sure" because has to get to top 5 to reach number one to begin with... which is my whole point. Once he gets to 5th, 4th isn't that far off (200 more days) then another 200 more for 3rd. We know he won't reach 2000+ but it will Suspend belief and restore the feeling of what wrestling used to be.
It’s not a contradiction. There’s added value in being #1 in anything. For Roman, what’s the added value of having the 5th longest reign vs 6th? He already has the most dominant reign in modern history, that means a whole lot more than being able to name drop Bruno in a hypothetical promo (who 98% of the audience couldn’t care less about)

It gives Roman a whole new storyline after he beats Cody...beating Brunos record because he's in GOD mode and is the greatest champion of all time. He still has some feuds left especially a big money match with Lashley at some point, AJ styles etc. Like I was saying I think Cody can take one belt off of him that's fine... but this "GOD mode" storyline has to continue.

Roman is a made man now. Any fued he’s involved in will be a big money one, he doesn’t need the title for that. Not to mention if Cody were to only win one of the titles it would definitely lessen the entire moment.

You say the length of a title reign doesn't mean anything so why do we as a collective count the number of reigns to mean something... dude hasn't lost in 3yrs... who cares if cena was playing hot potato with the belt to get 16 when Roman has 900 days... probably more than all of cenas reigns put together.

I never said the length of a title reign doesn’t matter, I said getting to 1000 days means nothing because Roman’s run has already been solidified. And the impact of a title run is far more important than the number (hi Charlotte Flair), so you can direct that question to people who care about the #

Edit: And Cena having 16 reigns doesn’t mean much. Cena being #1 all time is the important part. There’s a difference

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Plus I feel like a part of them wants to put the belt on Cody to shyt on dumbass TK for letting him leave and not believing in him :snoop:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It’s crazy that people think Cody isn’t going over on Sunday :skip:

This moment has been set in stone since he came back last Wrestlemania.

Cody is the new FOTC. Sunday is coronation day.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
So more people in tsc think Roman should retain? :ohhh:

Who do ya'll think Roman should lose to....please don't say The Rock :pachaha:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

Surprised they didn’t find a way to incorporate this into the storyline, Cody being pissed Rome was bout to beat his pops with a chair.

I guess because Big Show and Dean was too big a part of this

And I don’t give a fukk what anyone says, Steph was a GOAT character. Her being gone is low key one of the biggest losses WWE ever took :unimpressed:

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I voted that Roman should win, don't watch wrestling much but when I catch it every now and then these cats made it look dope.

That said, you can't have a great story without a great ending. It's better that a story end at the right time when build up has been successful and the pieces fall into place than to miss the window.

I have seen how much this storyline has been labeled a classic by both critics and casuals.
Additionally, seeing plenty hype about Wrestlemania on my social media timeline which is why I peeped this thread.
No one called this storyline a classic :gucci:

That was the Bloodline story with Jey and Sami. Cody had nothing to do with that.

This is a forced and rushed storyline that just began barely 2 months ago.