Reppin
TX
5bd2e2a5ea3547b8a9d741e1141622bc

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
They're really wildin' with that. Walking over 3 miles for 1 Eevee candy is ridiculous

Yeah that would be crazy!

Luckily I ain't going to use Eevee as a buddy. I catch too many of them motherfukkers to begin with. :heh:

I have 104 Eevee candies at the moment. I had over 140 before I evolved one today.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I want to catch a hitmonlee they are hard AF to find

I catch snorlax on the regular

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
'Pokémon GO's Buddy System Update Appears To Have Gotten Lost On Its Way To Release

Early Saturday morning, Pokémon GO fans were greeted with anenthusiastic message from Niantic that the new update for the game was rolling out for iOS and Android, which would include the much-anticipated Buddy System that allows players to train Pokémon through walking.

But now, as we head into Monday afternoon, more than a full 48 hours since the announcement, fans are wondering what exactly has happened to the supposed update.

From practically the moment that the patch was announced, Android players have been able to play on the new update via APK. As a result, nearly every aspect of the patch has been dissected in the last few days, from how long it takes to get candy for specific Pokémon, to even new easter eggs, like Pikachu hopping up onto your shoulder after you walk with him for 10 kilometers.

What’s unclear is why the update has not appeared for any playersbesides those using the APK. Past Pokémon GO updates have been announced and released pretty quickly. It would have been fairly normal for both Android and iOS to get the update by the end of the day after going through approval, but some thought maybe Android would get it first and maybe iOS would have to wait until Sunday.

So far, neither Android or Apple AAPL +0.81% users have received the update, and fans are starting to get antsy about what might be causing the hold-up.

I’ve reached out to Niantic directly for an update on the status of the patch, but have not yet heard back at the time of this writing.

There’s some speculation that one of the more controversial aspects of the patch, the removal of all support for rooted and jailbroken devices, may have something to do with the delay. Either there’s something about this that’s running afoul of Apple or Google GOOGL +1.28% or perhaps Niantic themselves is reconsidering the move, considering it sparked pretty swift and vocal backlash among the community, as many users thought that they were being punished unfairly under the new rules of the patch. The step is being taken to help curb cheating/GPS spoofing, but players often use rooted or jailbroken phones for far less nefarious reasons, and they’re being potentially locked out of the game all the same.

Or, this could all be nothing, and the moment I publish this post, the update goes live and it just took longer than normal for entirely plausible reasons. I was hesitant to even write this as I figured that’s what was going to happen, but check back here as I hunt for updates from Niantic, and I will post if and when the Buddy System patch goes live.

Update: There are extremely isolated reports that certain Android users are seeing the update without the APK, but it does not seem to be part of a mass rollout yet. Even other players in the same geographical region as these players report that they still don’t have it. It just seems to be handful of cases, for whatever reason. I still have not heard back from Niantic PR, which is not terribly unusual.

Can they get anything right?:francis:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in NYC for a funeral and my girlfriend is still in Vegas. I told her I would log in for her and catch a few and her dumbass uses it while I was logged in. Looks like she caught a soft ban.

Any idea how long it'll last and if I tell her to not touch it tomorrow would it be safe to log in for her

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Wish I had seen that graphic earlier. Gonna finish these 3km for bellsprout and then switch to pikachu or geodude/golem