POKEMON GO

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
So I'm out there. I got my incense burning, my lucky egg running, leveled up quickly. Lures were damn near everywhere. Kid yells out, "There's a Charmeleon!" And sure enough it was. But now I'm stuck. My Charmander has a higher CP than the Charmeleon, but the moves....

Caught a Clefairy, Scyther, almost got a Haunter but the b*stard ran.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Soooooooo they'd rather shut down Pokemon trackers (if this article is legit) instead of fixing their own trackers? The creators of Pokémon Go hint they'll be shutting down the game's most useful apps

John Hanke, the CEO of Pokémon Go developer Niantic, hinted in an interview with Forbes' Ryan Mac that popular fan-made tools like PokéVision, Poké Radar, and Poké Notify may not be long for this world.

Here's what Hanke has to say about those apps:

Yeah, I don't really like that. Not a fan. We have priorities right now but they might find in the future that those things may not work. People are only hurting themselves because it takes some fun out of the game. People are hacking around trying to take data out of our system and that's against our terms of service.

As Kotaku's Patricia Hernandez points out, lots of players are only turning to these tools — largely used to show, on a map, where Pokémon are appearing and when they'll vanish — because the game's own system for tracking Pokémon have been broken for about two weeks now.

But, as Hanke notes, those tools are very much against Niantic's terms of service, which every player agrees to when they create their Pokémon Go accounts. Niantic would be well within its rights to turn off those external services, if and when it chooses to.

i.img

Thomson Reuters

As for Hanke's argument that using those tools "takes some fun out of the game" — well, that's largely for players to decide on their own. But so long as systems like the Pokémon Nearby tracker aren't working, it'll keep driving people towards those unauthorized tools.

In the meanwhile, as Hanke says, Niantic has "priorities right now," likely referring to its push to bolster the game's servers to the point where the Pokémon tracker can start working reliably again. So it might be some time before Niantic has enough free time and manpower to start worrying about unauthorized apps.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I noticed they made some changes in regards to attack points. For example, Moonblast is 85 instead of 60, Body Slam is 40 instead of 50 and Sludge Bomb is 55 instead of 50

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like cheating. I got a pokedex of 95 the hard way

If your looking for a specific pokemon than no it's not cheating
you get tired of running into the same pokemon over and over again
you yourself still have to put in the work of getting to the location
before the spawn time runs out

People wouldn't have to use pokevision if they would
if the nerby system.

Last edited: