Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Daps

The adventure through the Sinnoh region has been reborn!
header.png

Coming Late 2021
char.png

The Sinnoh Region of the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl Games
Experience the nostalgic story from the Pokémon Diamond™ and Pokémon Pearl™ games in an adventure reborn on the Nintendo Switch™ system.

Adventures in the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games will take place in the Sinnoh region. Rich in nature and with Mount Coronet towering at its heart, Sinnoh is a land of many myths passed down through the ages. You’ll visit many different locations in the Sinnoh region, while striving to become the Champion of the Pokémon League.

• p05_01.jpg
  • p05_02.jpg

The original story has been faithfully reproduced, and the sense of scale in the originals’ towns and routes has been carefully preserved. People who played Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl can revisit familiar places and relive familiar scenes once more. For those setting out through Sinnoh for the first time, plenty of new encounters and surprises await.
  • p05_03.jpg
  • p05_04.jpg

These remakes include easy-to-understand, player-friendly conveniences of the modern Pokémon series, plus up-close-and-personal Pokémon battle scenes.
  • p05_05.jpg
  • p05_06.jpg

Whether you played Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl back in the day or you’re encountering these games for the first time, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
You’ll choose Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup to be your first partner Pokémon and then set off on your journey.
char_turtwig.png

Turtwig
Category: Tiny Leaf Pokémon

Type: Grass

Height: 1'4"

Weight: 22.5 lbs.

Ability: Overgrow

Made from soil, the shell on its back hardens when it drinks water. It lives along lakes.

It undertakes photosynthesis within its body, making oxygen. The leaf on its head wilts if the Pokémon is thirsty.

p06_01.jpg

char_chimchar.png

Chimchar
Category: Chimp Pokémon

Type: Fire

Height: 1'8"

Weight: 13.7 lbs.

Ability: Blaze

It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop craggy mountains. Its fire is put out when it sleeps.

Its fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly. Even rain can’t extinguish the fire.

p07_01.jpg

char_piplup.png

Piplup
Category: Penguin Pokémon

Type: Water

Height: 1'4"

Weight: 11.5 lbs.

Ability: Torrent

Because it is very proud, it hates accepting food from people. Its thick down guards it from cold.

It lives along the shore in northern countries. A skilled swimmer, it dives for over 10 minutes while hunting.

p08_01.jpg

Along the way, you’ll be able to encounter the Legendary Pokémon Dialga in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Palkia in Pokémon Shining Pearl.
char_dialga.png

Dialga
Category: Temporal Pokémon

Type: Steel/Dragon

Height: 17'9"

Weight: 1505.8 lbs.

Ability: Pressure

It has the power to control time. It appears in Sinnoh-region myths as an ancient deity.

This Pokémon is spoken of in legend. It is said that time began moving when Dialga was born.

char_palkia.png

Palkia
Category: Spatial Pokémon

Type: Water/Dragon

Height: 13'9"

Weight: 740.8 lbs.

Ability: Pressure

It has the ability to distort space. It is described as a deity in Sinnoh-region mythology.

It is said to live in a gap in the spatial dimension parallel to ours. Palkia appears in mythology.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I know who I'm rolling with, I just hope that it's enough for what's waiting at the end brehs...:sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:

*Insert PTSD flashbacks of Cynthia fukking my team sideways here*

(Provided they didn't nerf the fukk out of her)

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Genius Sonority or Bandai namco should be doing the art for all console pokemon games. They got the presentation down, this is how people envisioned gen 9

I think Japan honors game freak enough to not let them get stunted on with mainline pokemon games from a different dev. giving the IP to literally any other dev would have GF all the way down horrendous.

they can still keep game freak for direction/concept design/battle/balancing mechanics, and ost. other than that, keep them away from optimizing and rendering the game.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
I think Japan honors game freak enough to not let them get stunted on with mainline pokemon games from a different dev. giving the IP to literally any other dev would have GF all the way down horrendous.

they can still keep game freak for direction/concept design/battle/balancing mechanics, and ost. other than that, keep them away from optimizing and rendering the game.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not even aware how they’re efforts are perceived in the west.
Western studios will interact with their consumers via social media and acknowledge things (Halo Infinite pushed back for looking trash). With Japanese based studios they give pre recorded press conferences dubbed in english, and you don’t hear from them for months.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Sceptile and Greninja the GOATs :pacspit:

Infernape & Empoleon are nice too. They've been mostly duds after Hoenn imo, that was the last game where all 3 starters looked kinda cool. And Swampert weighs this down because Blaziken/Sceptile are two of the best designs they ever made, if he was up to par with the other 2 it would've overtaken Gen 1 for me. They do their best work with bipedal human looking mons (Blaziken, Sceptile, Infernape), anything else and the well is beyond dry at this point.