Playstation Showcase 2021 (9/9 @ 4PM ET)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Idk but to see everyone gassing it, including shinobi means theres gonna be some type of megaton in it. They wouldnt draw so much attention to it unless they knew it was gonna impress people. They didn’t even gas HFW gameplay reveal and that ended up breaking the internet. They give State of Plays two days notice cause they are trying to not build super hype around them. They are giving this a week.

It’s either they got some amazing announcements or the GoW trailer is just that good but i doubt all these randoms have seen the footage. It has to be some other big thing

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No reason to think there is going to be a megaton - I'd imagine there will be something unannounced (maybe we'll see some bullshyt Spiderman 2 logo or something).

Lets be honest, if they have some God of War 2 gameplay there, we are already set.

Ultimately 40 minutes isn't much time for new shyt, unless they are going to leave out Horizon, GT7, God of War etc.

Daps
Idk but to see everyone gassing it, including shinobi means theres gonna be some type of megaton in it. They wouldnt draw so much attention to it unless they knew it was gonna impress people. They didn’t even gas HFW gameplay reveal and that ended up breaking the internet. They give State of Plays two days notice cause they are trying to not build super hype around them. They are giving this a week.

It’s either they got some amazing announcements or the GoW trailer is just that good but i doubt all these randoms have seen the footage. It has to be some other big thing
Spiderman 2
Insomniac always delivers :blessed:

Daps
No way its 2022…lets not do this again. :mjlol:
we'll find out sep 9
a new IP is not going to generate as much hype as Spiderman 2 being announced
GOW 2 gameplay will be amazing but it is expected
Even if it's 2023, they will pull a GOW 2 to make it seem like it will be the big fall 2022 title when it will obviously come out 1st half 2023 at the earliest
If they have been working in it since 2019, 3 years is enough time for Insomniac, Sony's fastest studio, but not others

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
we'll find out sep 9
a new IP is not going to generate as much hype as Spiderman 2 being announced
GOW 2 gameplay will be amazing but it is expected
Even if it's 2023, they will pull a GOW 2 to make it seem like it will be the big fall 2022 title when it will obviously come out 1st half 2023 at the earliest
If they have been working in it since 2019, 3 years is enough time for Insomniac, Sony's fastest studio, but not others

A new naughty dog ip or bluepoint remake of a popular game would get more hype than spider-man 2. Everyone expect spider-man to get a sequel, and relatively soon but no one can prepare for an entirely new AAA game series

I do also think people are underselling the GoW gameplay and how its gonna look. I think people are more into surprises or new game reveals, but i think once people see GoW thats gonna be the talk of the town

Daps
A new naughty dog ip or bluepoint remake of a popular game would get more hype than spider-man 2. Everyone expect spider-man to get a sequel, and relatively soon but no one can prepare for an entirely new AAA game series

I do also think people are underselling the GoW gameplay and how its gonna look. I think people are more into surprises or new game reveals, but i think once people see GoW thats gonna be the talk of the town
:mjlol:Spiderman is huge
A new IP vs. Spiderman c'mon breh :mjlol:
ND is amazing but Spiderman is Spiderman it's a huge franchise extending beyond video games
No way ND is announcing a new IP their game isn't coming out until late 2024 at the earliest
I expect a lot of new IPs though that will show off the PS5 I hope since Spiderman 2 is most likely going to be 1st half 2023 at the earliest
I've heard rumors of SOCOM returning, a new Uncharted, etc.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol:Spiderman is huge
A new IP vs. Spiderman c'mon breh :mjlol:
ND is amazing but Spiderman is Spiderman it's a huge franchise extending beyond video games
No way ND is announcing a new IP their game isn't coming out until late 2024 at the earliest
I expect a lot of new IPs though that will show off the PS5 I hope since Spiderman 2 is most likely going to be 1st half 2023 at the earliest
I've heard rumors of SOCOM returning, a new Uncharted, etc.

Yeah we not talking about sales though, we talking about hype amongst a group of gaming enthusiast circles. The casual audience who buy up spider-man by the dozen aren’t really eyes glued to these press shows. These shows are to get the gaming blogs/insiders/stans to go crazy, spider-man 2 would be cool especially if they introduce venom but a new naughty dog game or bringing back metal gear or silent hill would be a big deal for headlines.

I think this might also confirm some of those rumors that were going around, twisted metal, new sly cooper, wipeout, or Fromsoft game.

A new bloodborne or spiritual successor i could also see shutting down the internet

Daps
Yeah we not talking about sales though, we talking about hype amongst a group of gaming enthusiast circles. The casual audience who buy up spider-man by the dozen aren’t really eyes glued to these press shows. These shows are to get the gaming blogs/insiders/stans to go crazy, spider-man 2 would be cool especially if they introduce venom but a new naughty dog game or bringing back metal gear or silent hill would be a big deal for headlines.
all 3 would be a big deal people really on here downplaying the hype of a Spiderman game :mjlol:
w/out Spiderman 2 I expect things that have long been rumored to be revealed e.g Silent Hill ,MGS Remake, TLOU Remake, etc. Maybe GG shows of their 2nd IP. Maybe a crossover between Silent Hill and MGS. But I highly doubt it's a new ND IP they just entered preproduction unless they have been secretly working on another new IP for at least 3+ years

Last edited: