Playstation Showcase 2021 (9/9 @ 4PM ET)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh yeah, forgot about dem joints. Definitely.

GoW, factions, Forspoken make this a fire show. Now I’m sure there will be at least one or two big surprises on top of that.

I’m also curious why they said games mostly launching this holiday and 2022. There’s really nothing launching this holiday season that we know of, after october sony has no real games planned.

I guess what they could mean is GTAV or CoD

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
GoW, factions, Forspoken make this a fire show. Now I’m sure there will be at least one or two big surprises on top of that.

I’m also curious why they said games mostly launching this holiday and 2022. There’s really nothing launching this holiday season that we know of, after october sony has no real games planned.

I guess what they could mean is GTAV or CoD

The more I think about it, we probably get GTAV :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The more I think about it, we probably get GTAV :francis:

Yeah, its sucks. For Sony advertising it is like a casual gamer bat signal, they are like OOOH GTA, they don’t really care thats its already old as dirt. For everyone else its just wasted minutes

They’ll prob advertise the remasters also. I know destruction all stars is gonna be there as well

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I honestly think they are gonna show some good stuff at this. I could just be optimistic but the fact they delayed both Horizons and GOW to next year. They at least gotta show what they been working on. I fully expect to see GOW there.

I'm 50/50 on Factions just because they still haven't even officially announced the damn thing yet. But this is as good a time as any to confirm it.

GTA5 Next Gen and FF16 are probably safe bets as well. Though they could also save FF16 for TGS which would only be 3 weeks after this event.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly think they are gonna show some good stuff at this. I could just be optimistic but the fact they delayed both Horizons and GOW to next year. They at least gotta show what they been working on. I fully expect to see GOW there.

I'm 50/50 on Factions just because they still haven't even officially announced the damn thing yet. But this is as good a time as any to confirm it.

GTA5 Next Gen and FF16 are probably safe bets as well. Though they could also save FF16 for TGS which would only be 3 weeks after this event.

The biggest sign that its gonna have substantial stuff is the fact that its not labeled a State of Play. Showcase sounds more like the phrasing they were using last year with the ps5 reveal and games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just when the opps thought they won :wow:
The Big Dawg is here :umad: @PS5

d9l0c0g-6f05aa02-8b05-49d0-8e09-3bafa0a2aa51.gif

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shinobi hyping this up a bit as well.

However, looks like its updates only, so nothing new game wise.

What do people reckon will be at it?

-> Death Stranding DC
-> Deathloop
-> Kena
-> Horizon 2

I feel the above is basically confirmed. I think the "imaginative" reference is for "Forspoken".

I'm 50/50 on the following:

-> God of War 2
-> GT7
-> Factions (still think this is far away)

But we haven't seen anything from them for a long time - surely God of War 2 will be there?

FFXVI is confirmed not to be there; Yoshi won't show anything until the game is close to ready for release.

Imaginative might also reference indie; so Little Devil Inside? Ghostwire Tokyo (not indie but definitely "imaginative").

Third party stuff? Harry Potter? Call of Duty?

Anyway I'm guessing it'll be:

-> God of War 2
-> GT7
-> Deathloop
-> Death Stranding DC
-> Hogwarts
-> CoD - Vanguard
-> Kena
-> Forspoken
-> Ghostwire Tokyo
-> Horizon 2

In that order.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Shinobi hyping this up a bit as well.

However, looks like its updates only, so nothing new game wise.

What do people reckon will be at it?

-> Death Stranding DC
-> Deathloop
-> Kena
-> Horizon 2

I feel the above is basically confirmed. I think the "imaginative" reference is for "Forspoken".

I'm 50/50 on the following:

-> God of War 2
-> GT7
-> Factions (still think this is far away)

But we haven't seen anything from them for a long time - surely God of War 2 will be there?

FFXVI is confirmed not to be there; Yoshi won't show anything until the game is close to ready for release.

Imaginative might also reference indie; so Little Devil Inside? Ghostwire Tokyo (not indie but definitely "imaginative").

Third party stuff? Harry Potter? Call of Duty?

Anyway I'm guessing it'll be:

-> God of War 2
-> GT7
-> Deathloop
-> Death Stranding DC
-> Hogwarts
-> CoD - Vanguard
-> Kena
-> Forspoken
-> Ghostwire Tokyo
-> Horizon 2

In that order.

It says update on studios not on games. Not that I’m saying there will be new game announcements, i honestly don’t know but updates on studios means they could announce what Firewalk, naughty dog, bluepoint, etc. are doing.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like they have a lot to show of already announced games, no idea how they are going to fit new stuff in as well over 40 minutes.