Playstation Showcase 2021 (9/9 @ 4PM ET)

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
all 3 would be a big deal people really on here downplaying the hype of a Spiderman game :mjlol:
w/out Spiderman 2 I expect things that have long been rumored to be revealed e.g Silent Hill ,MGS Remake, TLOU Remake, etc. Maybe GG shows of their 2nd IP. Maybe a crossover between Silent Hill and MGS. But I highly doubt it's a new ND IP they just entered preproduction unless they have been secretly working on another new IP for at least 3+ years

Spiderman is honestly boring. You don't do shyt but swing from building to building. Rockstar got me spoiled with their open world games. Add in Fallout out too.

If your open world game doesn't feel alive and breathing, it ain't good. I had to stop playing Ghost of Tutshima because of how dead it felt. Nothing is nothing Red Dead Redemption and GTA.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spiderman is honestly boring. You don't do shyt but swing from building to building. Rockstar got me spoiled with their open world games. Add in Fallout out too.

If your open world game doesn't feel alive and breathing, it ain't good. I had to stop playing Ghost of Tutshima because of how dead it felt. Nothing is nothing Red Dead Redemption and GTA.

Horrible take. :camby:

Going from spider-man 2018 to Red Dead Redemption 2 a month later made the latter experience so much worse.

And fallout 4 out of all games? :gucci:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Horrible take. :camby:

Going from spider-man 2018 to Red Dead Redemption 2 a month later made the latter experience so much worse.

And fallout 4 out of all games? :gucci:

Breh you don't do shyt in Spiderman but swing from building to building.:russ: You might get a drug bust or stop back robbers, but that's about it. What is there to do outside the story? Lame ass mini games and collecting backpacks?:russ:

If there's nothing for me to discover and explore, I lose interest. You basically stuck playing just the story. The open world of Spiderman is dead. It doesn't feel living and breathing.

Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn were good open world games. Skyrim was good too. I'd even say Days Gone was good too.

Daps

your opinion

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh you don't do shyt in Spiderman but swing from building to building.:russ: You might get a drug bust or stop back robbers, but that's about it. What is there to do outside the story? Lame ass mini games and collecting backpacks?:russ:

If there's nothing for me to discover and explore, I lose interest. You basically stuck playing just the story. The open world of Spiderman is dead. It doesn't feel living and breathing.

Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn were good open world games. Skyrim was good too. I'd even say Days Gone was good too.

Spider-man isn’t really open world, it’s sandbox, and you do literally everything spider-man does in the comics outside of fukking Mary Jane. The moment to moment gameplay shyts on every game you mentioned above. It makes no sense to compare spider-man to rpg games that are about adventure and discovering the unknown.

Spider-man is about peter parker well into his crime fighting career. The city is a big playground for him and thats what it feels like

Having a few really good/exceptional mechanics is far a better than doing a lot of different thing, badly.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Supposedly its an existing IP done by a new studio, and the combination is what makes it so crazy apparently (in Jaffes words) so it could really be anything.

I would really love to see bluepoint do legend of the dragoon or maybe legacy of kain
Sony Santa Monica developed Gex

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the way people are gassing whatever this surprise is makes me think its not part of those leaked games that went out.

• Sly Cooper
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wipeout
  • Fromsoftware game
if it was that I don't think people would be hyping it like that cuase none of those gams would blow the doors off the internet unless the fromsoft game is Bloodborne 2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
shinobi is probably the only "insider" i actually trust outside of schreire and he doesn't even actually leak anything. But he always drops hints the day before some crazy shyt happens

Screen-Shot-2021-09-06-at-10-54-14-PM.png