Playstation Now adds downloading of PS4 and PS2 classics

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Check my post above. They said PS2 too:mjlol:

And the shyt about PS3 is a lie too. They can get TLOU(the most graphically intensive game on PS3)running at double the frame rate on PS4. They could get the rest of the games running if they want to.

They don't cause they want to keep selling you new ways to play the same shyt.

It's clear as day. Don't know why you stans keep arguing otherwise.:smh:
Why do I have to keep explaining this to you: TLOU is a PORT running natively in instruction understood by its x86-64 CPU. It is not emulation. Please try to stick to apples to apples comparisons otherwise your argument becomes fallacious.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do I have to keep explaining this to you: TLOU is a PORT running natively in instruction understood by its x86-64 CPU. It is not emulation. Please try to stick to apples to apples comparisons otherwise your argument becomes fallacious.
Why do I have to explain this to you.

A "port" it's just adapting the code.

Emulation is adapting the code at a system level.

Sony has all the tools and knowledge to do it. They chose not to.

Good thing they got you stans to defend them at every step, otherwise they might have to quit with the BS:martin:

Daps
Reppin
Green
The Xbox backwards thing is one of the most biggest and overrated features I see touted online on here and in Reddit/articles. It is quite baffling to be honest. I'm often bored of the Xbox One "exclusives" this thing has and they expect me to be content with old games that look like horse shyt? It's a nice gesture but please let's not get carried away now, I prefer the work to be on new games. I might've used it for a handful of times in the last year or so. Us Xbox fans need to really cut the crap.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It’s a lot of false equivocation going on in here.

Likely due to the fact that the PS4 is emulating ps2 games. They probably have a pre-packaged image for emulation vs the disc which would run natively. The PS4 cannot run ps1, ps2 nor ps3 games natively. The PS4 can emulate ps1 and ps2 games. The PS4 cannot emulate ps3 games.

PS3, not PS2

I don't care about how they are doing it in the technical aspect.
The basic fact is that they can if they wanted to.
Regardless of how it gets done, there is absolutely no reason I can't pop in a PS2 disc into my PS4, download the game for free from PSN and play the game digitally while using the disc as a verification of ownership.....pretty much what it is on XB1.
These conversations would be over much quicker if we just took the huge dump on Sony that they deserve for this and kept it moving.
PS4 one this gen hands down but sometimes I swear Sony stans are so insecure that it isn't enough.
Sony can't just win the gen in sales, they have to be absolutely perfect and above criticism too apparently.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Xbox backwards thing is one of the most biggest and overrated features I see touted online on here and in Reddit/articles. It is quite baffling to be honest. I'm often bored of the Xbox One "exclusives" this thing has and they expect me to be content with old games that look like horse shyt? It's a nice gesture but please let's not get carried away now, I prefer the work to be on new games. I might've used it for a handful of times in the last year or so. Us Xbox fans need to really cut the crap.
:ufdup:The only one that needs to cut the crap is Sony and Nintendo who continue to lie to everyone and say that backwards compatibility is impossible for X,Y,Z, reasons when the truth is consumers are morons and have proven time and time again that they are more than willing to pay for the same exact game 3 and 4 times without batting an eyelash.
If no one cared about old games then remasters/ports wouldn't exist. Let's stop pretending backwards compatibility doesn't matter. This is willfully blind foolishness.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Funny thing is. I've never defended Sony or Microsoft for how they designed either of these consoles. Check my posts all the way back to launch. Ive been criticizing them for how weak these consoles initially were. And tried to tell people to limit their expectations. Theres a big difference from how the consoles were built last gen vs this one. Last gen they were ahead of the curve in alotta ways. This gen they were behind the curve in every way.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Why do I have to explain this to you.

A "port" it's just adapting the code.

Emulation is adapting the code at a system level.

Sony has all the tools and knowledge to do it. They chose not to.

Good thing they got you stans to defend them at every step, otherwise they might have to quit with the BS:martin:
You always bring up the stan shyt. I fukks with Sony but i will not hesitate to call out they bullshyt (ahem cross platform play)..but the argument is bullshyt.
A port is indeed adapting the code from one architecture to another. Emulation isnt "adapting the code at a system level". Emulation is taking the system API calls and EMULATING the old hardware setup. Its an abstraction layer and results in much reduced performance. The host system would have to run the emulated system in memory and act like its the actual platform. Massively inefficient compared to native code.
You could probably emulate a PS3 on a PS4, but at nowhere near the performance that you would see on the actual system.
Its akin to running a virtual machine on a computer. The PS4 is not strong enough hardware wise to support software virtualization of a PS3 at the standards of performance required, period.
You following this politics smorgasbord so you have the ability to understand this.:comeon:
Funny thing is. I've never defended Sony or Microsoft for how they designed either of these consoles. Check my posts all the way back to launch. Ive been criticizing them for how weak these consoles initially were. And tried to tell people to limit their expectations. Theres a big difference from how the consoles were built last gen vs this one. Last gen they were ahead of the curve in alotta ways. This gen they were behind the curve in every way.
Not in every way. They had shyt tons of memory bandwidth between CPU and RAM as compared to custom built units. You also would be hard pressed to build a machine with the same graphical quality as either console for the price.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Regardless of how it gets done, there is absolutely no reason I can't pop in a PS2 disc into my PS4, download the game for free from PSN and play the game digitally while using the disc as a verification of ownership.....pretty much what it is on XB1.
These conversations would be over much quicker if we just took the huge dump on Sony that they deserve for this and kept it moving.
PS4 one this gen hands down but sometimes I swear Sony stans are so insecure that it isn't enough.
Sony can't just win the gen in sales, they have to be absolutely perfect and above criticism too apparently.

How is someone telling y'all that the PS4 isn't running PS1,2,3 games natively stanning? It's a fact. It's not running it natively, the PS2 games are being emulated There's nothing here that's "stanning" or spinning.

He didn't say "It's not running it natively and that's A-OK with me pal I don't want no emulation Sony is good to us!"

You ASK a question, people answer it and you don't like the answer and resort to just saying people are "juelzing" and stanning. it's weird how people don't really want to talk about anything on here. Now simply saying TLOU on PS4 is a port that runs natively equals to being a stan and in denial. Like wtf? You can't talk anything on here without being quickly put in a group.

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Another person putting someone in a "stan" box when they call out false arguments. Like i say, I will call out Sony for BS. Your idea of unlocking a store download with a disc sounds like a good idea honestly :yeshrug:
I'll continue to debate the ps3 point tho. Its stupid

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
full
Reality is, if Sony wanted PS3 BC on PS4 they would have it.

Random basement dudes have gotten a PS3 emulator working, you think Sony can't???:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reality is, if Sony wanted PS3 BC on PS4 they would have it.

Random basement dudes have gotten a PS3 emulator working, you think Sony can't???:mjlol:
Let's play with this idea a little.

PS Now just got downloads for PS2 Classics so that means they're open to dl'ing games on PS Now.

If they are open to games being downloaded on the service that you guys claim is PS3 BC behind a paywall, why don't they just allow those games to be downloadable under PS Now since they're open to it? Why offer PS4 and PS2 games via downloads but NOT PS3?? It makes no sense to offer games, especially current gen games on the service but skip the PS3 when the value of said games would be very cheap?

I mean, the PS2 emulation is obviously behind a paywall so if the point of contention is strictly emulation then knowing Sony they'd make an emulator but make you have to pay for them again, just like they're doing with PS2 games.

Again, why sell a service that you let stream and now DOWNLOAD PS2 AND PS4 games, but not PS3? What's so special about PS3 that they won't let people download them if it's simply a matter of them not wanting to? They're apparently "copying" Microsoft right? We're in 2018, most popular PS3 games have been remastered, Why not go the full 9 yards and make some more money(since that's what they're trying to do anyway)??:patrice:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's play with this idea a little.

PS Now just got downloads for PS2 Classics so that means they're open to dl'ing games on PS Now.

If they are open to games being downloaded on the service that you guys claim is PS3 BC behind a paywall, why don't they just allow those games to be downloadable under PS Now since they're open to it? Why offer PS4 and PS2 games via downloads but NOT PS3?? It makes no sense to offer games, especially current gen games on the service but skip the PS3 when the value of said games would be very cheap?

Again, why sell a service that you let stream and now DOWNLOAD PS2 AND PS4 games, but not PS3? What's so special about PS3 that they won't let people download them if it's simply a matter of them not wanting to? They're apparently "copying" Microsoft right? We're in 2018, most popular PS3 games have been remastered, Why not go the full 9 yards and make some more money(since that's what they're trying to do anyway)??:patrice:
Because they are still making money off PS3 games.

It's all business.

Why you acting dumb breh?:why:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because they are still making money off PS3 games.

It's all business.

Why you acting dumb breh?:why:
So the reason they're not making an emulator for PS3 on PS4 is because they're still making money off of them...

Sony makes money selling digital PS2 games on PS4 RIGHT NOW and they decided to add them to PS NOW which contradicts the whole "can't offer something they're selling" point.

Logic would dictate that if they made a PS3 emulator for PS4, just like they did with PS2, they'd RESELL the games over just like how they did with PS2 classics.

Furthermore, they're still making money off of PS4 games and yet they added them to PS Now so that contradicts your first reason because I'm sure people are still buying those PS4 games so according to your logic they'd not put PS4 games on PS Now.

Now YOU sound like you're defending them from making an emulator. That's something a Sony stan would say. :mjlol:

Last edited: