PlayStation Closing PS3, PSP, and Vita stores By the Summer

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
REPORT: PlayStation Closing PS3, PSP and Vita Stores
Sony is reportedly shutting down its PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita stores permanently this summer.

BY JON ARVEDON
PUBLISHED 3 HOURS AGO

A new report suggests Sony is closing its PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita stores in the coming months.

According to TheGamer, sources indicate the PS3 and PSP stores will close on July 2, with the PS Vita store following suit on Aug. 27. An official announcement is expected by the end of March.

While previously purchased games will still be playable, these closures mean players won't be able to purchase any new digital titles.

PSP debuted in 2005 (2004 in Japan) as Sony's first handheld console and a direct competitor to Nintendo DS. The console was discontinued in 2014, three years after the release of PS Vita.

PS3 was released in 2006 and was notable for being the first console to play Blu-ray discs and utilize the PlayStation Network. However, due to its hefty price tag ($499-599 USD) and limited launch titles, it was met with largely negative reviews upon its release.

PS Vita arrived in 2011 as a direct successor to PSP. Unlike PSP, though, PS Vita was considered a failure due to lack of third-party support or even support from Sony, and it was also largely overshadowed by Nintendo 3DS.

REPORT: PlayStation Closing PS3, PSP and Vita Stores

:wow:The memories of downloading games and dealing with Napster on 56K modem times.

RIP:mjcry:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Remasters/collections are as profitable as ever
I have the mass effect collection on my ps3 but I couldn't play it because my controllers are just busted

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Be one of the most prestigious gaming company in history and say a comment like this brehs

He was talking about Gran Turismo...and he’s right. No one is gonna play gran turismo 1 and 2 like no one is trying to play madden 2002

Also to think it’s Jim Ryan personally making all these decisions is even more dumb

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
He was talking about Gran Turismo...and he’s right. No one is gonna play gran turismo 1 and 2 like no one is trying to play madden 2002

Also to think it’s Jim Ryan personally making all these decisions is even more dumb

:patrice:I dunno...Madden 04 kinda slams and most folks that play the old Gran Turismo games just want to drive the OG cars that are not in the later games.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

I swear you dudes are like Trump supporters... He was talking about Backward Compatible. They don't want to do it and feel it is dumb. You sitting there making excuses for them is ridiculous. There are plenty of gamers who game retro.