Playstation Acquires Firewalk Studios

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s what we do: nurture and develop SMALL studios into blockbuster-creating giants.
Many of Sony's notable studios were mascot platformer game developers from the PS1 days when they were the defacto console to work on after the Nintendo collapse and SEGA shytting the bed. That's like saying your local cable company nurtured you into being a loyal customer. There was basically no where else to develop games but PlayStation for almost 2 generations between the PS1 and PS2.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
tell that to the Big 3 Celtics, Heatles, and KD Warriors. why the fukk do you guys lie so much? its like all honesty drains out the brain when its console war time. baffling behavior.
Microsoft stanleys ENRAGED in the wee hours of the morning, ya hate to see it :wow:

I think breh was saying all of Xbox's super teams always end up with nothing to show for it, ala KD nets. I highly doubt he was saying every super team ever constructed has always failed... But he wouldn't be too far off making that point about XBOX.

Plot Twist: I play my Series X nearly every day, so I'm teflon against the "Sony Stan :mjlol:" retorts

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
They were partnered with them before, they seemed to just go ahead and pull the trigger. They are located right next to Bungie and Suckerpunch

Sony now own studios named Firewalk and Firesprite :mjlol:
PS about to sponsor the next Fyre festival at this rate :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh, so they were essentially second party studios from the jump.

Either way they want to spin it, its a dumb argument. No one could have turned Naughty Dog, a once platformer studio into one that produces something like Last of Us within two generations but SIE. Same with Santa Monica, Suckerpunch, Guerrilla, Insomniac, all those little platformer studios could have easily died out like the others in the HD era, but they transformed them into power house devs that would be worth a shyt ton of money if split off.

Sonys studio management and how they adapt to changes in the industry are unrivaled. Can’t downplay that after 30 years

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft stanleys ENRAGED in the wee hours of the morning, ya hate to see it :wow:

I think breh was saying all of Xbox's super teams always end up with nothing to show for it, ala KD nets. I highly doubt he was saying every super team ever constructed has always failed... But he wouldn't be too far off making that point about XBOX.

Plot Twist: I play my Series X nearly every day, so I'm teflon against the "Sony Stan :mjlol:" retorts
So @MeachTheMonster swears im a sony stan, and you claim im an xbox stan. You guys love making shyt up. Which one am i?

And it doesn’t matter what you think the man said, he made a false claim and didnt specify what he meant by super team, he made a flat out generic statement. Dont be autistic and put words into n the mans mouth.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game must be in development hell. It’s been 4 years and still no release date or even footage from the game,

Sony needs to manage their studios better :smh:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You’re a nanny stan :stopitslime:

4fd6634406a5ebf06bd1bd13ed2d7799.gif