Playing The Last Of Us 2 For The First Time

Daps
It’s one of the few last gen titles I wanted to hold off on playing until I owned a PS5, but It’s available on PSNow, an irresistible opportunity I couldn’t pass up. I’ve only just met Joel as Abby is escaping mobs of the infected. I don’t know how I feel about not controlling Joel and this new character taking away from my time with Ellie, but it’s definitely holding my attention.

Those infected :wow:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just met Joel as Abby huh?

full

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mindblown:

Ok, I just experienced his death. What? Who thought this was a wise decision?!? I didn’t sign up for this. Why???? Almost tempted to bail on this. What the fukk was that?!?!

How the fukk do you create a sequel to the best game on the PS3 and kill its main character?

:mjlol:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey

Ok, I just experienced his death. What? Who thought this was a wise decision?!? I didn’t sign up for this. Why???? Almost tempted to bail on this. What the fukk was that?!?!

How the fukk do you create a sequel to the best game on the PS3 and kill its main character?

Keep playing, it's a long journey (pacing could've been better but push through), a rollercoaster that will hit you like no other game has before. This game just has an effect on people (good or bad). Many who felt how you feel rn, they say it's worth completing, and it's the GOAT. I read the leaks before launch, and it was still my GOTG. Some folk absolutely cannot get past brehs death though, and it ruins the rest of the game for them.

To the point that they don't want to like it despite the gameplay being amazing, and the risk ND took with the direction of the story. Don't be an "Angry Joe" breh (some folk legit dislike the game as well). ND knew how people would feel, and react. It's not some shock value shyt they attempted.They are telling a story. Give them a chance, and allow them to tell their story.

This game makes people feel all kinds of ways. I can't say how you will feel after completing it. But you will feel something (which is what a lot of games lack these days). Play the game, get immersed in it's world, and avoid spoilers (how haven't you've been spoiled yet lol). Update us with post but don't even read any replies to this thread to be safe.

I hope you're playing on Survival, or Grounded:ufdup:It's how it was meant to be played.

Last edited:
Daps
Keep playing, it's a long journey (pacing could've been better but push through), a rollercoaster that will hit you like no other game has before. This game just has an effect on people (good or bad). Many who felt how you feel rn, they say it's worth completing, and it's the GOAT. I read the leaks before launch, and it was still my GOTG. Some folk absolutely cannot get past brehs death though, and it ruins the rest of the game for them.

To the point that they don't want to like it despite the gameplay being amazing, and the risk ND took with the direction of the story. Don't be an "Angry Joe" breh (some folk legit dislike the game as well). ND knew how people would feel, and react. It's not some shock value shyt they attempted.They are telling a story. Give them, a chance, and allow them to tell their story.

This game makes people feel all kinds of ways. I can't say how you will feel after completing it. But you will feel something (which is what a lot of games lack these days). Play the game, get immersed in it's world, and avoid spoilers (how haven't you've been spoiled yet lol). Update us with post but don't even read any replies to this thread to be safe.

I hope you're playing on Survival, or Grounded:ufdup:It's how it was meant to be played.
Made sure to avoid any discussion of the game, here and elsewhere. I’ll give it a shot. Ellie was great and arguably a main character in the first, too. I have no problem playing as her, but the sudden end to Joel was shocking.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I revisited the game recently. It's really a masterpiece :wow: It's a AAA, but for real. The quality of everything is amazing. To the point that you can tell it's just not normal for a videogame (see the horrendous crunchtime Naughty Dogs forced to finish development).

The level-design is excellent and achieve molding the gameplay perfectly while telling intricate stories. It's not just that the different areas don't look like levels, but they are built in a way where you can tell how their parts ended up the way they are during the decay of society :wow:

The AI is one of the biggest surprises I had with it. I only care about the hardest difficulty mode, and the fact that the enemies can really pressure you intelligently (some rush while other provide covers), or look for you in a realistic way is such a progress for a department of videogame that haven't seen any major one for decades.

And the story and writing are just amazing, and carried by amazing performances by the actors. I just peeped the fact that Ellie always does this thing where she counts her fingers when she's embarrassed. She also has taken some of the body language of Joel. The attention to details is crazy.

The narrative of revenge is really revolutionary when you think about videogames in terms of art. This is so interesting.

This game is going to be really hard to top :whew:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Oh to be out of the loop for a year.
michael-jordan-laugh.gif