Playing "The Eminem Show" at work.. Thoughts on "Superman"

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, this was always the Em album I liked the most, and though I respect him as an artist, I don't listen to a lot of Eminem at all, and never did. But, this cd was pretty monumental when it was released....Like late spring 2002, everyone was anticipating this, I always hated that terrible single....'Without Me', but there were songs on the album I fukked with, including 'Superman', but I feel that has aged for the worse, I caught that on my ipod the other day, and half thru the song I was like 'I have to get this off here'.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a cool song. I remember Eminem saying in his book "The Way I Am" that he was trying to do an LL Cool J type of song with "Superman", which is probably why he was wearing a Kangol hat in the video.

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
I was listening to this in the gym yesterday morning, love this song. Im a big Em supporter, especially for that album, i remember the anticipation that yr for it to come out.

but yeah its crazy i seen a lot of girls repeat lines from this song, they love that "rude boy" shyt even tho they complain about it.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I still love "The Eminem Show" to this day. shyt is a great album to me. I like everything Em put out before that but this album hit most with the great songs

"If I'mma live to be a legend, I'mma die a sudden death, 5 mics in the source, ain't holding my fukking breath"

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Can't beat this verse

Don't get me wrong, I love these ho's
It's no secret, everybody knows
Yeah we fukked, bytch so what, that's about as far as your buddy goes
We'll be friends, i'll call you again, i'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car i'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then

You don't want that, neither do I, I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I

Not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just fukked you...

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Can't beat this verse

Don't get me wrong, I love these ho's
It's no secret, everybody knows
Yeah we fukked, bytch so what, that's about as far as your buddy goes
We'll be friends, i'll call you again, i'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car i'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then

You don't want that, neither do I, I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I
Not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just fukked you...

what a bunch of hypocritical BULLshyt.
how can you be someones friend when you dont even trust them?

he makes no sense sometimes

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I swear

I was at work and saw girls singing this who weren't even born when Akinyele's second album dropped

I love the dude and was hyped when Nas brought him on stage last year but he will forever be know as the "Put it in my mouth guy"

pretty much confirms that girls are the dumbest humans
They might've thought it was a funny and catchy song.
It's like when rappers are rapping about everyone without mad money is a bum, dudes who don't pack heat are p*ssys and shyt like that. And we all fukks with it :manny: