Plants are conscious

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I remember reading a certain tree (I think acacia) releases a chemical when being eaten by herbivores that tells other nearby trees to move more toxic chemicals towards their own leaves thus making them taste bitter.
It's mentions that in Jurassic Park and that was written over 30 years ago.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember seeing those plants when I was young. You touch them and they instantly recoil. Almost like how centipedes coil into a ball. This can be used for home security.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
yes, plants/trees do communicate with each other and sometimes other organisms.

I remember reading a certain tree (I think acacia) releases a chemical when being eaten by herbivores that tells other nearby trees to move more toxic chemicals towards their own leaves thus making them taste bitter.

it’s been theorized that this is the reason giraffes prefer to eat downwind.

Morphologies and elemental compositions of calcium crystals in phyllodes and branchlets of Acacia robeorum (Leguminosae: Mimosoideae)

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Research into plant perception is showing that plants have feelings, they are sentient, they communicate with each other, feel pain and they can plan into the future. Plants, in fact, possess a highly sophisticated neural system and while it does not look like our “brain,” it really is, in actuality, a brain.

The radical new experiments that hint at plant consciousness

Think about that next time you cut the grass

I always knew plants have some kinda conscious, I even remember years ago this researcher was studying how plants react to music, he was playing classical music and after some time the plants started growing in the direction of the music

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
garden-alien-photos-op-s-have-deleted-their-accounts-v0-cgdukvoe1ggc1.jpg

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I agree. I have a lil succulent I bought at the grocery store... I tell it every day how beautiful it is.

People thought Jaden was crazy when he was out here talking to trees. He just knows the truth.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
also coli lames will be depressed to find out that plants are also sexually active.
That sunflower can get p*ssy, why can't you?

Soda Papi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Not surprised

I’ve heard fruits evolved colorful pigments so tree-dwelling creatures like primates can know they’re edible and not poisonous

Venus flytraps and other carnivorous plants are also damn near identical to animals, and it makes you wonder how they know producing a sweet smelling scent would attract insects :jbhmm:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS