Pixar's Turning Red | (3/11/22) Disney Plus

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
A whole movie that is a metaphor for a girls period…..

Pixar can make anything into a movie :ehh:

:pachaha:

I just saw this with my niece whose around that age and was like hey unc she getting her cycle?

It took me a second but I was like :ohhh:

Pixar crazy for that. I enjoyed the movie it was something different.

I think this is one of those people will appreciate more over time. It was steeped in Asian culture but the themes are universal especially those awkward teen years.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
just watched it
a pretty good lesson to teach kids :ehh:
the art style was good and didn't bother me as much. it's like they found a good blend between west and east animation styles

I think it's hilarious how genius Disney is getting with its merchandising
the end when they're doing the tours for the guests felt like what it would be like in Disneyland so when they do it in the parks you'll feel so immersed it
then you know they're going to sell those panda ears and tails like hotcakes

Last edited:

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I've never met nobody like you
full

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I don’t think it was that because they could’ve done the year 2010 if that was the case I think this is something from the director’s personal life but of course exaggerated and mei is her

It's this, that Tamagotchi thing is lifted straight from one of the writers childhood.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Why did they set the movie in 2002? Does that coincide with the moon or whatever?

I think the story would have had to change a good amount if it took place any later because of the social media aspect. This was pre IG FB and Twitter.

Just my guess though

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
It's this, that Tamagotchi thing is lifted straight from one of the writers childhood.
I think the story would have had to change a good amount if it took place any later because of the social media aspect. This was pre IG FB and Twitter.

Just my guess though
I personally don't think them setting the movie today would have drastically changed the story any which way.

Tamagotchis are played with on iPhones today. That wouldn't change the trajectory of the movie.

But it's no huge deal either way. If she wanted the story to be as accurate to the timeframe of her personal life as possible, more power to her.