Physically Disciplining Your Children

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:smh:

I'll be 32 years :old: in December and I never once thought of putting my hands on my mother or disrespected her in any manner (except under my breath of course ;) )

I guess it's different for men.

My brother knocked my father out COLD! He was unconscious for a good 45 seconds and all I could do was look on like :ohmy: then burst out and :laff: it was pure comedy! Lil bro can knock out my mother if he wanted to, but he never tried........ :manny:

:lolbron: My dad has never touched any of us except one time where he slapped the taste out my brothers mouth.

He maintains composure but can still son a nikka.... thats where I get it from. Truth be told words can burn a nikka soul more than a fist. I have the ability to make nikkas cry with my words and some of tjhe most disrespectful / emotionless sonnings have come from my mom dissing me fouly.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
:lolbron: My dad has never touched any of us except one time where he slapped the taste out my brothers mouth.

He maintains composure but can still son a nikka.... thats where I get it from. Truth be told words can burn a nikka soul more than a fist. I have the ability to make nikkas cry with my words and some of tjhe most disrespectful / emotionless sonnings have come from my mom dissing me fouly.

I learned this from my brothers... not my parents though.

From experience.... :sadbron:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
not sure about this yet..I'll get back to you when I have my first kid...for now I'm just like :myman:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I learned this from my brothers... not my parents though.

From experience.... :sadbron:

I didnt even learn that from anyone. Just from being an arrogant dude naturally.

I let people off easily though and always bottle my thoughts up, they dont know the half :whew:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Some people are saying that you know people who got beatings and still ended up a statistic... Well of course there are gonna be those

But the question is... when their parents weren't beating their child, what were they doing? Beating your child as a consequence for their disrespecful/disobediant actions is different than idiots who beat their child because he/she accidentally spilled some damn juice on the carpet.

For example... I heard my step-daughter (almost 4 years old) say a curse word that she heard her biological father say. I asked her where she heard that word (We don't use profanity around her, and really at all) and she told me. I told her with a stern voice never to use the word again and that's it's a bad word. She bout started to tear up... lol. A couple weeks later she did it again... and I reminded her again not to say that word, etc.

Maybe a week later she said the word again... I grabbed her hand, popped her and said that I told her not to say that word again and sent her to the corner. She started crying. I told her not to cry... cause I warned her before and I didn't want to hear that noise. Gave her 5 seconds to be quiet. She stopped crying in 2... lol
:yeshrug:

She hasn't said the word since
:win:

If parents are also running around doing ignorant stuff and being generally bad examples for their children in addition to the beatings, the beatings themselves won't be that effective.

Now beatings aren't gonna work for every child, and a good parent will pay attention to their child to figure out what's the most effective punishment. But just because you know someone who ended up a statistic and still got beat, doesn't mean beatings don't work at all.

Similarly, beatings probably aren't the ONLY reason some people end up being disciplined, respectful, and successful.

Bottom line... Beatings don't determine how a child will end, only influence it. What you do before and after a beating matters just as much.
that RNS right there, progressive discipline is always the way to go. You can't ever go instant 0-60 on a lil kid cuz they wont understand why they got in trouble. Once they get to that age where they really understand right from wrong and they start testing you, then you turn it up a lil with advance warnings "This is my last time telling you to sit down (etc.)", make sure you back that shyt up. cuz if they're testing you and you make a blind threat, u failed. they're gonna keep testing you with bigger shyt to see what they can get away with.

I dont have kids but this is from personal experience being a kid, and observing ppl (friends, gfs, and family) who have kids and how they effectively or ineffectively discipline their children.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I got beat DOWN as a kid. When I was 14, I started gettin punched in the face. But I was a demon child.

Imma beat the brakes off my son tho.

His father is 6'5 so most likely he'll be 6ft+. Im only 5'1. Im lettin him.know from the jump, I dont care how old/tall you get, cross the line and I will fukk yo knees allllll up.

:ufdup: Try somethin slick........

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Alot of the things people beat their kids over are really things that could be solved without a beating, it just takes education and patience. Patience is the hardest fukking thing when a 5 year old smears his shyt on the bathroom wall, but if you take a second to breathe before you react, you can probably figure out the underlying stress hea going through and how hes acting out.

I dunno my oldest son is incredibly emotionally intelligent, loving caring respectful and creative and i have never touched him. Still doesnt mean he hasnt deserved it before.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i dont beat my kids,i let my girl handle that

i got girls and i just cant see myself hitting them

now if i had a son...

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Used to get hit with "the belt" as a child.

Can't say it actually stopped me from getting in trouble.

Wouldn't do anything like that to my own children.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love the contrast of the responses on this board and the responses on another board I post on, which were pretty much ALL, "If you spank your kids, you're an awful, lazy parent who can't find a better way of disciplining them."

If I ever have kids, I'm not saying I WOULDN'T spank them, but it'd definitely be a case-by-case basis, as it should be anyway.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I love the contrast of the responses on this board and the responses on another board I post on, which were pretty much ALL, "If you spank your kids, you're an awful, lazy parent who can't find a better way of disciplining them."

If I ever have kids, I'm not saying I WOULDN'T spank them, but it'd definitely be a case-by-case basis, as it should be anyway.

The rule I go by is not to hit them out of anger. Some parents make the mistake of getting angry at their kids actions and taking their anger out on the kids. That's just teaching them how NOT to handle their anger.

Now if you sit down and talk to your kids and they know whats expected of them and they still defy you than sometimes a spanking is warranted. I think if you lay down the rules early then you won't have to hit them anymore as they get older because they already know what's good.