Physically Disciplining Your Children

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I pluck my daughter when she gets out of line for the heavy work I am sending her mother in to do the dirty work. I aint putting my hands on her because I dont want to send her the wrong message. Now if I had a son all bets are off....

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
lay the hands of GOD on them if they act foolish?

:yes:

That ass whooping may end up saving their life. I got whooped plenty of times as a kid and you know what?, I'm all the better for it.

You cannot reason with children. They are not rational adults.

So if you have a Riley Freeman in the house.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9kpmPX5WvY[/ame]

You might have to get in that ass before he becomes a statistic.

They have to learn that there are consequences to their actions. Walking around out here like they got an ''S'' on their chest. :stopitslime:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Same, I can even see with myself that it doesnt work at all really. Beating your kids has been correlated with a lot of bad shyt too, everything from lower IQ to aggression issues. Im not going to do it unless some really bad shyt goes down.

If you establish yourself with tone and facial expressions early on, very early on, like 1 or 2 years old, they will get the point, I don't believe in beating a child. But if your kids see and hear you yelling and cussing all the time, it desensitizes them to you using your voice as an authority and discipline mechanism. Beating a child is the a quick ineffective fix for a long term discipline issue. I know people that got the shyt beat out of them as kids and they still ended up in jail and in trouble with the law.

Fear and respect are 2 totally different things. If your child respects you, they will always be respectful, if they fear you, when they get older, they will act out in a way to prove that they aren't afraid of you anymore.

But a lot of it has to do with the fact that the man is supposed to carry out the discipline and a lot of times in our community the man isn't around long enough to establish a solid connection with the child. Or when he comes around, he's too busy fussing with the mother of the child in front of the child, kids act out when they see that shyt, because kids absorb everything.

A lot of times women that beat their kids carry a resentment towards the father and tend to take it out on the child because they know they cant beat the father's azz in any way.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Hell mothafukkin yea :stopitslime:

Musta been six inches taller at the point. Hasnt touched me since.
She (and even my dad) know I dont give a shyt and nobody can tell me anything. I'm respectful because they instilled good morals in me...but I am also stubborn. If I feel a certain way regarding a situation, nobody can tell me anything different :manny: If theres something I dont wanna do, nobody can force me to do it :manny:. This is just a result of me being increasingly independent over the years though and them being more dependent. Cant treat me like a man, and beat me like a child

:smh:

I'll be 32 years :old: in December and I never once thought of putting my hands on my mother or disrespected her in any manner (except under my breath of course ;) )

I guess it's different for men.

My brother knocked my father out COLD! He was unconscious for a good 45 seconds and all I could do was look on like :ohmy: then burst out and :laff: it was pure comedy! Lil bro can knock out my mother if he wanted to, but he never tried........ :manny:

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
Best believe I'm putting the fear of god into my kids :birdman:

When they're teenagers, I'll start taking their stuff away instead of whipping them. My parents used the same method on me and I turned out fine.

At the end of the day, I'm not trying to raise any trouble makers. If you don't discipline them at home, the outside world will.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
If I had kids, I wouldn't lay a finger on them. That's cruel. I think sending them to their room with no dessert is enough punishment.

nikka GTOFH:childplease: They going to their room w/ a 2 piece combo.
mike-tyson1.jpeg

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
I am the oldest in my fam my parents went to work on that ass if I did something stupid when I was young :sadbron:

I have younger siblings and it's like my parents grew soft over time :to: so I put the whooping on my lil brother for them on him :youngsabo: he ain't my son but I beat him like he is :damn:

:russ:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Some people are saying that you know people who got beatings and still ended up a statistic... Well of course there are gonna be those

But the question is... when their parents weren't beating their child, what were they doing? Beating your child as a consequence for their disrespecful/disobediant actions is different than idiots who beat their child because he/she accidentally spilled some damn juice on the carpet.

For example... I heard my step-daughter (almost 4 years old) say a curse word that she heard her biological father say. I asked her where she heard that word (We don't use profanity around her, and really at all) and she told me. I told her with a stern voice never to use the word again and that's it's a bad word. She bout started to tear up... lol. A couple weeks later she did it again... and I reminded her again not to say that word, etc.

Maybe a week later she said the word again... I grabbed her hand, popped her and said that I told her not to say that word again and sent her to the corner. She started crying. I told her not to cry... cause I warned her before and I didn't want to hear that noise. Gave her 5 seconds to be quiet. She stopped crying in 2... lol
:yeshrug:

She hasn't said the word since
:win:

If parents are also running around doing ignorant stuff and being generally bad examples for their children in addition to the beatings, the beatings themselves won't be that effective.

Now beatings aren't gonna work for every child, and a good parent will pay attention to their child to figure out what's the most effective punishment. But just because you know someone who ended up a statistic and still got beat, doesn't mean beatings don't work at all.

Similarly, beatings probably aren't the ONLY reason some people end up being disciplined, respectful, and successful.

Bottom line... Beatings don't determine how a child will end, only influence it. What you do before and after a beating matters just as much.

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
:smh:

I'll be 32 years :old: in December and I never once thought of putting my hands on my mother or disrespected her in any manner (except under my breath of course ;) )

I guess it's different for men.

My brother knocked my father out COLD! He was unconscious for a good 45 seconds and all I could do was look on like :ohmy: then burst out and :laff: it was pure comedy! Lil bro can knock out my mother if he wanted to, but he never tried........ :manny:

I remember one time my mom tried to slap me and I was like 13 I held her wrist and was like :rudy: get out of here..

She hit me with the :yeshrug:

And came back with a chokeslam with the other arm on some :childplease: sht I'm still gonna get that ass!!!!

Had a nikka grabbing his neck and back on the floor with the :bryan:

Crazy thing is she hates wrestling and banned it at the house around those days cause of the one kid who was babysitting and killed the little girl.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i think that's one reason why i plan to only have kids when i get older, so i'm more settled in my thoughts and persona. that doesn't mean that i wouldn't physically beat my children if they step out of line but i also believe that you can get children to mirror your temperament if you raise them properly and take special care when you do it. and i feel like the best time for me to do that is when i get older, not now...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I Whoop my kids from time to time. When they are really young sometimes physical punishment is the only way to keep them in line. My daughter is now 7 and I have not whooped her in a while. We can usually talk things out, and I can tell she genuinely feels bad, and It just feels weird to lay hands on her now that she's getting older. If she does something really bad like lying, I usually sick my wife on her. As for my son he is 2 and I have to tap his lil ass almost everyday, he is so stubborn. I'll tell him to do something and he will be like "NOOOO, I DON'T WANNA" lil nikka be biting and scratching his sister, and lately he's decided to start spitting when he gets pissed off. I could see myself having to keep my foot in his ass well into his teens.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I remember one time my mom tried to slap me and I was like 13 I held her wrist and was like :rudy: get out of here..

She hit me with the :yeshrug:

And came back with a chokeslam with the other arm on some :childplease: sht I'm still gonna get that ass!!!!

Had a nikka grabbing his neck and back on the floor with the :bryan:

Crazy thing is she hates wrestling and banned it at the house around those days cause of the one kid who was babysitting and killed the little girl.

My mom tried to jump on me when I was 17. She tried to punch me in the chest but kinda missed and hit me in the shoulder area. She broke her hand in 2 places and had to wear a cast for 6 weeks.

I was like:ufdup:"that'll teach you to put your hands on me again"

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Same, I can even see with myself that it doesnt work at all really. Beating your kids has been correlated with a lot of bad shyt too, everything from lower IQ to aggression issues. Im not going to do it unless some really bad shyt goes down.

Exactly,

I highly doubt that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and Larry Bird were beat as children.