Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
this picture might be slightly earlier than 1850

kDKlZK4.jpg

this one is civil war era

rJjdgJg.jpg

...I find these 2 pics interesting for the time period.....a dude with both ears pierced:ohhh:and a dude with braids:ehh:

The second pic is one of my fave pictures ever. He looks like my Great Granddad too. I have used it as my Avi a few times before.

It's a shame they don't have any info or location for his picture. Could be someone's ancestor and they don't even know.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The second pic is one of my fave pictures ever. He looks like my Great Granddad too. I have used it as my Avi a few times before.

It's a shame they don't have any info or location for his picture. Could be someone's ancestor and they don't even know.

I first thought that picture was a modern attempt to look from the era but it's real--I saw it on loc.gov website

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Seeing those black women with them white babies on their laps...fukking pisses me off. Not only slaves, but taken from their own kids to be mistreated as they nurse and tend to them white ladies’ kids.
sad;y i saw pics like those on the internet places like brazil too.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
ZJC1Osk.jpg

woisoOn.jpg

I thought about making a thread on photos of black people with white kids during this era. People usually think about Mammy types when this topic is brought up

p7dyX3T.jpg

but black men with white kids or black kids with white kids, usually isn't

HJf6Umo.jpg

C33aMiW.jpg

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
1. My people are DOS

2. East africa before slave trade

3. More potent representation and equality (financial, cultural, judicial) in the U.S.

same questions back to you....
Lol DOS, ADOS, FBA

Buncha Africans in America

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Wait are people saying we are worse of than actual slaves? :dahell:

What impresses me is the level of pride and dignity one can maintain even in those trying times. One thing Black people are is resilient.