"Philly aint been the same since the SHOWER POSSE crushed the JBM towers"-Bro. Omar (MST)

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Off the record convo I had with Bro. Omar Bey of the Named Moorish Science Temple of Philadelphia we been friends for years...he was a long time resident of Philly before he passed away in 2008

I had a collection of convos recorded and transcribed discussing get infamous philly cats like Major Cox and Lawerence Goodman and situations like the M.O.V.E organization and the HILLTOP HUSTLAS

He always said PHILLY held its own from outsiders on the street tip till the Shower Posse came thru and changed the whole scenery :francis:

Based on these reports I dug up seems he was right :yeshrug:

27 Died In City In Drug-turf War Pa. Study Cites Black, Jamaican Gangs

A violent war over drugs and turf that erupted between the Jamaican ''Shower Posse" and black drug dealers was responsible for at least 27 homicides in Philadelphia last year, according to a new crime study.

The 65-page Pennsylvania Crime Commission report, officially released today, said longtime black drug dealers, such as convicted dealer James "Big Roach" Nelson and members of the recently identified Junior Black Mafia, are attempting to regain territory taken over by the Jamaicans in West and North Philadelphia.

The leader of the "Shower Posse," so named because members eliminate rivals by showering an area with bullets, was identified as Dennis Lawrence, of 54th Street near Berks, and his second-in-command, Patrick ("T" or ''Trick") Ryan, 25, no address. Neither could be reached for comment.

I’m familiar when the Shower Posse was in that era too.” Ock says. “Shower Posse was the Jamaican dudes. They were moving too. They didn’t believe in nobody owing them five dollars. They’d ride around in the Volvo’s with those baby Uzi’s- spray your whole family.”

And that’s how the war went, death for death on the streets of Philly. Here’s what Tony Black who led the Philly branch of the Shower Posse said of the JBM situation, “The JBM were some clowns. Some of the guys that hustled with me had a beef with them after they left me and went on their own. I think one of the guys killed one of their leaders.”

BET-JamaicanShowerPosse-Screenshot-e1449236157396.jpg

The JBM started about 85,” Ock, the Muslim brother in the feds says. “From like 85 to 90 they had the city on lock. A five year run. Aaron had people do shyt for him for real. He had his little crew that put in work for him. A crew that would go all out. A lot of dudes were real nervous around him because of that crew.”

Aaron jones
aaronjones.jpg

The JBM would shoot it out but they were known for styling and profiling too. They had the clothes, jewelry and the cars. “The Fila sweatsuits, the Gucci sweatsuits- all different colors,” Ock says. “Aaron had a Benz back then- the 300. They were flossing driving Audi’s, BMW’s. On the door where the handles were at they had JBM emblems on the door handles. They had the rings with JBM and necklaces. When they got busted everybody said JBM meant, ‘Just Blowing Money.’ They went through everywhere. It was rough in South Philly but the JBM went down there. You had cats that was scared to come down there.”

Syrup was big with the JBM too. “There’s a syrup spot down in South Philly that the JBM used to go to. One on 17th and Jefferson. That’s called 7 block where all the syrup was at. Everybody was on the syrup back then. Motherfukkers in Philly been drinking the syrup since the 70s.

Syrup was like one of the choice drugs with pot and cocaine before crack hit the scene.” Drunk on syrup, with money and power in spades and high caliber weapons galore the JBM were some dangerous dudes. But they were particularly nasty to their own.

“Leroy ‘Bucky’ Davis was one of Aaron’s lieutenants in southwest. He got killed in 89-90,” Ock says. “He was a little short dude, vicious fighter. He was a boxer. He was high up in that chain of JBM. Him and Aaron was like that. Him and Aaron had Southwest Philly.

Bucky got killed on Creighton Street. He was coming home from a party with some broad. Bucky was trying to get a key into the door and these jokers shot him. He tried to get his gun out of his Ostrich skin boots and got aired out. The girl got in the car with the dudes and nobody ever saw the girl again, they said Aaron put the hit on Bucky because it was when Aaron was locked up and Bucky was supposed to get him some money and didn’t.

Last edited:

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
So Jamaicans came thru and crushes the building?

Somewhat but it wasn't easy... :whoa:
JBM gave them jamaicans hell..before Aaron Jones self destructed

The Shower Posse may have met its match with the brutal and pragmatic JBM. The headlines in Philly said the JBM was balling out of control, definitely putting their thing down. But like all champions a challenger was put forth, to fight JBM for the street crown of Philly. It was like Ali vs. Frazier, Hopkins vs. De La Hoya. What was big news before, turned into real big news with the entrance of the Shower Posse, who were encroaching on the home team’s territory with a murder spree of their own

Junior Black Mafia Revisited - Gorilla Convict

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
So Jamaicans came thru and crushes the building?

That shyt ain't true them Jamaicans got ran out and of course this is a Jamaican Posse dude talking shyt. I know about this shyt because I had fam (leave it at that) was into this shyt heavy with the Mob JBM etc...

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Jamaicans shower posse & Haitian Zoe pound, two cews you don't wanna have a problem with

Tilesp4p

All Star
Daps
Jamaicans shower posse & Haitian Zoe pound, two cews you don't wanna have a problem with
Facts, Im originally from NY but I live in south Fl now.
fukk what anybody tell you, the zoes run south FL. Not the cubans, not the rastas...the ZOES..point blank period. nikkas be tryna party at LIV and be gettin they ass chased and extorted all through Miami.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Facts, Im originally from NY but I live in south Fl now.
fukk what anybody tell you, the zoes run south FL. Not the cubans, not the rastas...the ZOES..point blank period. nikkas be tryna party at LIV and be gettin they ass chased and extorted all through Miami.

There willing to take it to the next level and do ZERO fukin talkin

Never gonna forget had a Haitian homey of mine used to work airport security with and some airplane captain mouthed off at in the security check point:

Crazy Haitian : sir we are going to have to check your bags further

Captain : :stopitslime: na I got a flight to catch

Haitian : sir that bag is going to get checked

ME: :ohhh:

Captain : :upsetfavre: shut the fuk up

Haitian ::what: fuk you say

Captain : :skip: you fukin heard me

Haitian ::ufdup::damn: ***proceeds to choke out captain using the security lanyard around his neck**

Me: :dahell::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Shout out to pistol Pierre

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
I never ever ever ever ever saw a Jamaican ran drug block in Philly and I've been experimenting with drugs since I was 14

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I never ever ever ever ever saw a Jamaican ran drug block in Philly and I've been experimenting with drugs since I was 14

With all due respect sir...u just admitted that you were a "fiend" or junkie to say the least since 14

Of course YOU didn't see the Jamaicans running the block from a junkie's perspective cause you werent making moves with the bosses or buying weight from the Jamaicans :manny:

Just like when I staying with my aunt in church ave. In BK we had such a diversity of carribeans such as trinidadians...haitians...crucians and bajans that it went completely over my head that the Jamaicans were actually at the TOP of the food chain...

But just like YOU I wasnt on that level to witness that

One thing about West Indians they DONT HAVE TO BE PRESENT inna community....to RUN THE COMMUNITY :ufdup:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That shyt ain't true them Jamaicans got ran out and of course this is a Jamaican Posse dude talking shyt. I know about this shyt because I had fam (leave it at that) was into this shyt heavy with the Mob JBM etc...

:salute:And we already told them this in the other threads. Any out-of-towner that came and tried to set up shop, got sent packing, so they now avoid Philly altogether.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
With all due respect sir...u just admitted that you were a "fiend" or junkie to say the least since 14

Of course YOU didn't see the Jamaicans running the block from a junkie's perspective cause you werent making moves with the bosses or buying weight from the Jamaicans :manny:

Just like when I staying with my aunt in church ave. In BK we had such a diversity of carribeans such as trinidadians...haitians...crucians and bajans that it went completely over my head that the Jamaicans were actually at the TOP of the food chain...

But just like YOU I wasnt on that level to witness that

One thing about West Indians they DONT HAVE TO BE PRESENT inna community....to RUN THE COMMUNITY :ufdup:

smh....shut the fukk up, jamaicans never ran shyt anywhere in philly

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Star had a story about being in the club when the shower posse did their thang once. Said he was high off coke or something and everybody was having a good time. Then the shower posse can in and everybody in the buildin froze like a statue because they didn't want to get hit.

Forgot what vid it was or how he told it but after listenin I was like. :dwillhuh: