Phil Spencer to Receive 'Legend' Award at Annual NY Game Awards for "phenomenal contributions to the video game industry"

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I can't tell if this is satire. :skip:

He's been in charge since 2014 and they still don't have any exclusives.
He had to dig out of Mattrick's hole (PAUSE), then convince Nadella Xbox was worth opening the real war chest on. Nadella finally says yes, boom, buying spree. This wasn't a short term plan. If you look at where he started and what he had to work with, it's amazing. If Xbox was just a random company, and not part of MS, Mattrick probably would have put them out of business.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
He had to dig out of Mattrick's hole (PAUSE), then convince Nadella Xbox was worth opening the real war chest on. Nadella finally says yes, boom, buying spree. This wasn't a short term plan. If you look at where he started and what he had to work with, it's amazing. If Xbox was just a random company, and not part of MS, Mattrick probably would have put them out of business.
:scust: people got all the excuses in the world for one of the biggest corporations on the fukking planet

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox One was one of the worst gaming consoles in history. Ended up selling about 45million. Series X so far is even worse. This man has been in charge of the company close to ten years and it’s just failure upon failure.

I’ve said this countless but imagine if Microsoft was not a trillion dollar company who can buy Bethesda and Activision for billions. Even all this money he’s spent on all those studios and he still has nothing to go to the Xbox fans.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's a good corporate leader. Comes off as relatable and did great things with Gamepass and reviving the Xbox brand. Jokes will be made but I get that he deserves recognition

Reggie gets love but he still missed the mark with GameCube and flopped with WiiU. The DS, Wii and Switch were gamechangers. Can't win them all

Jim Ryan is not a great leader IMO, comes off arrogant and lack transparency, and I say that as a proud PS5 owner

Last edited:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Jim Ryan ensures PS3 dominated Europe when it was sluggish everywhere else, he’s a winner unlike Triple bronze participation award Phil.