Phil Spencer to Receive 'Legend' Award at Annual NY Game Awards for "phenomenal contributions to the video game industry"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well deserved imo

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer will receive the Andrew Yoon Legend Award at the 12th annual New York Game Awards, announced the New York Videogame Critics Circle (NYVGCC).

He is being honored for his "phenomenal contributions to the video game industry." The award will be presented live during the show on January 17, 2023 at the SVA Theatre.
"Phil Spencer is the exact sort of person you want as an executive of a gaming company," said NYVGCC president and founder Harold Goldberg. "He has consistently shown his commitment to making Xbox the most consumer friendly and diverse platform in the console gaming space. Phil has transformed Xbox into one of the most progressive companies truly pushing the medium forward. He is an exemplary figure that encourages the message that games are for everyone and we are honored to present him with the 2022 Andrew Yoon Legend Award."

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I still don't get the praise for this guy. He was one of the minds behind the Xbox One and all of its horrible policies.

""Phil Spencer is the exact sort of person you want as an executive of a gaming company," said NYVGCC president and founder Harold Goldberg. "He has consistently shown his commitment to making Xbox the most consumer friendly and diverse platform in the console gaming space."

:mjlol:

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I still don't get the praise for this guy. He was one of the minds behind the Xbox One and all of its horrible policies.

""Phil Spencer is the exact sort of person you want as an executive of a gaming company," said NYVGCC president and founder Harold Goldberg. "He has consistently shown his commitment to making Xbox the most consumer friendly and diverse platform in the console gaming space."

:mjlol:

No he wasn’t he worked on the games side until he got promoted as the guy to replace Mattrick after all of his fukkery.

Xbox’s push for Backwards Compatibility, GamePass, and cloud gaming started when he became head of Xbox. Not to mention the Minecraft acquisition (which was seen as risky at the time), along with Bethesda and Activision. He’s done a good job righting the ship since the X1 launch :manny:

And Xbox is by far the most consumer friendly of the big 3. Gamepass, backwards compatibility/FPS boost, Xbox all access, cloud streaming, Smart Delivery, etc. They make it way more accessible and cost effective to play games and it’s honestly not even close in that regard :hubie:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No he wasn’t he worked on the games side until he got promoted as the guy to replace Mattrick after all of his fukkery.

Xbox’s push for Backwards Compatibility, GamePass, and cloud gaming started when he became head of Xbox. Not to mention the Minecraft acquisition (which was seen as risky at the time), along with Bethesda and Activision. He’s done a good job righting the ship since the X1 launch :manny:

And Xbox is by far the most consumer friendly of the big 3. Gamepass, backwards compatibility/FPS boost, Xbox all access, cloud streaming, Smart Delivery, etc. They make it way more accessible and cost effective to play games and it’s honestly not even close in that regard :hubie:
Looks like you're right.

I can't look at a service that takes away ownership as consumer friendly. I can't look at those acquisitions that way, either.

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
BIG PHIL IN YA MOUTH:dame:

Win for #XBREHS

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Shut up, dude. You always get sensitive over this shyt. I made a mistake and acknowledged it.

And I'm not just talking about today.
You just out here babbling.

Nothing worse than a nikka who just lies for sport to try and look cool. shyt even worse on a message board talking about video games.:scusthov:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You just out here babbling.

Nothing worse than a nikka who just lies for sport to try and look cool. shyt even worse on a message board talking about video games.:scusthov:
I think you got me confused with somebody else.

This is also hilarious coming from one of the resident xbox fanboys. You cats stay lying and not only to yourselves. :mjlol: