Phil Spencer: "getting [acquiring] Nintendo would be a career moment for me"; Nintendo's future "exists off of their own hardware"

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Hold the fukk up...Tiktok asked Microsoft to buy them cause Trump was giving China the heat??? lmaooo

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Yet the series x can’t run their flagship exclusive that just came out at 60 fps. The service that is slowly killing the gaming industry and yet the controller that has been copy and paste for the last 10 - 15 years. Stop the cap the controllers aren’t even on dual sense level yet.
Y’all love saying this but do you believe the ps5 would be able to run starfield at 60?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
quote-the-only-problem-with-microsoft-is-they-just-have-no-taste-they-have-absolutely-no-taste-steve-jobs-105-62-65.jpg

nothing has changed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Delusional. Nintendo will always be a hardware company. They are in a different ballpark, league, sport, than either Sony or Microsoft.

I genuinely think Phil Spencer is a dolt. They need to get Peter Moore back at Xbox.

Sony is literally a electronics company though, but I agree with you on Phil. :lolbron:

Daps
Sony is literally a electronics company though, but I agree with you on Phil. :lolbron:
I don't mean to equate Sony with Microsoft entirely, and you are right. Sony started as a hardware company and only got into software and entertainment to provide a steady stream of product to their hardware. Microsoft is the reverse.

But I do think that Nintendo is just in a totally different place than either with their "withered tech" approach...and also, their IP are so popular that they're pretty much like Disney on the software side, but for video games.