Phil Spencer: "getting [acquiring] Nintendo would be a career moment for me"; Nintendo's future "exists off of their own hardware"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony the one that introduced "cinematic gameplay" where replay value became non existent and gaming budgets EXPLODED to where almost 3/4ths of all 3rd party companies died out in just the last 25 years. Spending 60% of the time watching cut scenes and 40% gameplay is a terrible paradigm, where consoles prices also exploded. PS3 was $600 during launch in late 2006 and no price cut was introduced until 2009.

Yes, sony introduced cinematic action games :skip:

Games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Resident evil, etc. never existed until sony made Uncharted

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Resident evil, etc. never existed until sony made Uncharted

They ENCOURAGED that paradigm over actual gameplay with replayability. Basically, the anti-Nintendo.

That is why you play those games once or twice, and most people go :russell: and never pick them up again. All it did was bankrupt numerous talented 3rd party companies with inflated budgets/

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Swagless/Souless brand

the ugly fat bytch got a daddy with a lot of money and he trying to persuade dudes to marry her

:skip:

No history within the gaming industry just like gen z "musicians" no talent just got a big money machine behind them

Nintendo saved gaming from the crash in the 80s

:whoo:

Sony got into the gaming business in spite of Nintendo because Big N dropped them with they remixed console they were going to put out

:birdman:sony was on they birdman ever since

What MS got but 7 billion dollar 83 score game

and 70 billion call of duty

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They ENCOURAGED that paradigm over actual gameplay with replayability. Basically, the anti-Nintendo.

That is why you play those games once or twice, and most people go :russell: and never pick them up again. All it did was bankrupt numerous talented 3rd party companies with inflated budgets/

If people didn’t like the games they wouldn’t be popular. :youngsabo:

Not everyone wants to play one game for eternity

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
If people didn’t like the games they wouldn’t be popular. :youngsabo:

Not everyone wants to play one game for eternity

It led to the DLC mess of the PS3 era where the remaining companies started charging loads for basic content.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:MGS was literally the first game. Where people was saying :gladbron:“it’s like watching a movie”. MGS is the grandfather of “movie games” lol.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:MGS was literally the first game. Where people was saying :gladbron:“it’s like watching a movie”. MGS is the grandfather of “movie games” lol.

And everyone in the late PS1 era tried copying that, and made a lot of 3rd party companies bankrupt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I literally remember the exact thing my brother said after beating Metal Gear Solid, “it’s like playing a movie!” In those exact words, and i wasn’t even interested in the series until Snake Eater

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I literally remember the exact thing my brother said after beating Metal Gear Solid, “it’s like playing a movie!” In those exact words, and i wasn’t even interested in the series until Snake Eater
Kojima wanted to be a movie director. But settled for creating video games. Dude lowkey birthed cinematic games. And nobody complained about the duration of his cutscenes until MGS4. But then wanted them back in MGS5 lol.

Last edited: