Phil Spencer doesn't want to copy Sony's strategy with blockbuster games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Overwhelming majority of people playing games don’t give a fukk about that style of game.

Sony has found their lane and they have legions of you stans to promote them as the only style of game that “matters” but the rest of us simply dgaf about movie games:manny:

Until you get them, like Hellblade

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Sony sucks at every other genre. No FPS No good racers No MMO or multi-player games,.

They are a Hollywood studio making the same template immersion for their games with no replay value. You beat Last of Us thats it, Uncharted/God Of War etc..

i done played god of war like three times by this point, ran thru the whole last of us series twice

you dont rewatch your favorite movies? that shyt is fire to me

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Microsoft cannot make huge budget single player games and release them on gamepass for no additional cost. They need ways to further monetize their games outside of a single purchase price and maybe occasional dlc.

Technically they can, they just want more money:mjgrin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That’s a mistake. Should focus on both

multiplayer>>>single player games
That's what he's doing. I don't think they should do what Sony is doing. The focus should be a variety of games for more people.

Sony's objective is to get you to buy their console. They can focus on a narrow swath of games and let other developers make other games. Microsoft is trying to get you to subscribe to a service. They need more that just AAA single player games.

I can still remember when Sony themselves made games like Wild Arms and produced White Knight Chronicles from Level 5. These days it's mostly Uncharted, God of War, Horizon, and Last of Us stlye games. You can't keep a subscription service going with just those games. Those are once a year events that come and go.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Xbox doesn't need to make their version of The Last of Us or Breath of the Wild.
There's a place for that but that shouldn't be their focus. Even in they made such a game many of the posters here would probably find a way to dismiss it though. Such is life when the corporation that produces the game determines if you're interested in it or not.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There's a place for that but that shouldn't be their focus. Even in they made such a game many of the posters here would probably find a way to dismiss it though. Such is life when the corporation that produces the game determines if you're interested in it or not.

whats funny is the xbox stans here do that more than anyone else. I hate nintendo as a company and will freely shout from the mountain tops that BoTW was the best game of the last generation, and theres two mroe nintendo games that make my top 10.

When microsoft produces a game I like i will give it all the props it deserves.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
whats funny is the xbox stans here do that more than anyone else. I hate nintendo as a company and will freely shout from the mountain tops that BoTW was the best game of the last generation, and theres two mroe nintendo games that make my top 10.

When microsoft produces a game I like i will give it all the props it deserves.
Nintendo is a prop for Xbox stans and Sony stans to use in their arguments.