Phil spencer answers and shuts down sony stans burning questions and concerns

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No.

Sony and the regulators are not concerned with any of those other games.
I guess I’ll try one more time to get my point across. CoD is worked on by 12 or so different studios. They are purchasing all 12 of them at once.

My problem is those 12 (some well known) studios being purchased at once.

I really can’t explain my position any other way. If Sony Stan is the conclusion you come up with that’s on you.

:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess I’ll try one more time to get my point across. CoD is worked on by 12 or so different studios. They are purchasing all 12 of them at once.

My problem is those 12 (some well known) studios being purchased at once.

I really can’t explain my position any other way. If Sony Stan is the conclusion you come up with that’s on you.

:manny:
Why?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The sheer size of it. 12 studios at once and it’s been shown microsoft has had issues tapping into their current studios (Rare).

In either case I doubt you’re discussing this in good faith, so would you be cool if Sony purchased up 12 studios at one time?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:unimpressed:

12:35 on breh

But the thing is a good watch.

It didn't say anything about Sony signing exclusive deals in that video. They talk about Sony signing 250 deals to bring games to the system but doesn't mention anything about those deals being exclusive. Even the game they used as an example was multi platform.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The sheer size of it.
But why is size a problem? If all those studios are working on one IP then the deal only effects one game. Activision had already turned all those studios into a COD factory. It’s microsoft talking about bringing back the IP activison threw in the bushes. Again from a consumer and industry standpoint the acquisition will lead to more not less. With microsoft money and gamepass those studios would be more free to try new stuff. We see this with games like Hi-Fi rush, Pentiment, Grounded, etc.

Which is why i’m wondering why you are so stuck on the abstract argument of “size at once” instead of the actual effects of the proposed deal.

12 studios at once and it’s been shown microsoft has had issues tapping into their current studios (Rare).

In either case I doubt you’re discussing this in good faith, so would you be cool if Sony purchased up 12 studios at one time?
“at one time” is the distinction that doesn’t make sense to me.

Would make me no difference if sony purchased 1 or 12 studios at once. What would matter is the IP that would be locked to sony consoles, but even then wouldn’t care much. There’s already IP locked on playstation that i enjoy :manny:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
88043980_2625848354181002_765210232656756736_n.jpg
:dead:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But why is size a problem? If all those studios are working on one IP then the deal only effects one game. Activision had already turned all those studios into a COD factory. It’s microsoft talking about bringing back the IP activison threw in the bushes. Again from a consumer and industry standpoint the acquisition will lead to more not less. With microsoft money and gamepass those studios would be more free to try new stuff. We see this with games like Hi-Fi rush, Pentiment, Grounded, etc.

Which is why i’m wondering why you are so stuck on the abstract argument of “size at once” instead of the actual effects of the proposed deal.

“at one time” is the distinction that doesn’t make sense to me.

Would make me no difference if sony purchased 1 or 12 studios at once. What would matter is the IP that would be locked to sony consoles, but even then wouldn’t care much. There’s already IP locked on playstation that i enjoy :manny:
Why do you think folks hate activision in the first place? Because they have all of this talent working on just CoD.

Respawn, IW, Etc are plenty capable of making original ips/reviving dormant ips. So yea my issue is them purchasing all of these studios at once.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do you think folks hate activision in the first place? Because they have all of this talent working on just CoD.
And the microsoft deal stands to change that, along with their shytty practices toward employees.
Respawn, IW, Etc are plenty capable of making original ips/reviving dormant ips. So yea my issue is them purchasing all of these studios at once.
They are not free to work on those IP under Activision because activisions business plan does not allow it. Respawn had gotten multiple games cancelled because activision is only concerned with maximizing profit with each an every game. It’s the only way they can continue to exist.

With microsoft every single game doesn’t need to bring in billions, so they can try some other stuff. COD doesn’t have to be an annual franchise taking up the work of 12 studios. Microsoft has the money and the platform to give those studios some room to try other stuff.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Starfield was most likely going to release on PS5, but they didn't announce any platforms, so it's fair. Phil just needs to drop the fake nice guy act and admit exclusives matter.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And the microsoft deal stands to change that, along with their shytty practices toward employees.

They are not free to work on those IP under Activision because activisions business plan does not allow it. Respawn had gotten multiple games cancelled because activision is only concerned with maximizing profit with each an every game. It’s the only way they can continue to exist.

With microsoft every single game doesn’t need to bring in billions, so they can try some other stuff. COD doesn’t have to be an annual franchise taking up the work of 12 studios. Microsoft has the money and the platform to give those studios some room to try other stuff.
Correct, I doubt MS would have all of those studios continue to work only on CoD. Which brings us back to that if these studios produce anything new, it’ll more than likely be exclusive on Xbox/gamepass.

Either way it’s sliced they are purchasing 12 studios at once which is nuts compared to any previous acquisition/purchase

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Correct, I doubt MS would have all of those studios continue to work only on CoD. Which brings us back to that if these studios produce anything new, it’ll more than likely be exclusive on Xbox/gamepass.

Either way it’s sliced they are purchasing 12 studios at once which is nuts compared to any previous acquisition/purchase
If they don’t purchase them the games don’t exist.:dahell:

Seems like you are really only bothered by the fact that there may be some game you want to play, not coming to playstion.

Just be honest and say that. At least it’s a rational and reasonable opinion.

All this fake concern about everything else is nonsense.:smh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If they don’t purchase them the games don’t exist.:dahell:

Seems like you are really only bothered by the fact that there may be some game you want to play, not coming to playstion.

Just be honest and say that. At least it’s a rational and reasonable opinion.

All this fake concern about everything else is nonsense.:smh:
I’m pc gang as well, if I play/don’t play is a moot point.

The point is allowing a business to purchase that much in one fell swoop just cause they can.