Phil spencer answers and shuts down sony stans burning questions and concerns

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It didn't say anything about Sony signing exclusive deals in that video. They talk about Sony signing 250 deals to bring games to the system but doesn't mention anything about those deals being exclusive. Even the game they used as an example was multi platform.
Ok breh

The examples they used were all playstation exclusives at the time :mjlol:

But y'all gonna believe what y'all want.

Just don't act like Sony didn't use it's money from outside of gaming to get into gaming and pull over 3rd party developers with cash

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I m pc gang as well, if I play/don’t play is a moot point.
Says all sony stan’s :ehh:
The point is allowing a business to purchase that much in one fell swoop just cause they can.
But this is just an abstract semantical argument.

When we get down to actual details and cause and effect on consumers and the industry it doesn’t make any sense.

It’s like white folks arguing against welfare funding cause too many minorities might get it. Classic cutting off your nose to spite your face nonsense.

Which is why i said the only explanation is stan shyt. You are literally arguing against your own benefit for some abstract ideological nonsense:smh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Says all sony stan’s :ehh:

But this is just an abstract semantical argument.

When we get down to actual details and cause and effect on consumers and the industry it doesn’t make any sense.
Nothing abstract about it, Microsoft is purchasing around 12 studios at once.

But it’s obvious you’ll refuse to acknowledge that and how crazy it is, so I’ll leave it alone

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ok breh

The examples they used were all playstation exclusives at the time :mjlol:

But y'all gonna believe what y'all want.

Just don't act like Sony didn't use it's money from outside of gaming to get into gaming and pull over 3rd party developers with cash
Did any of those 3rd party developers ever release a game for another system?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nothing abstract about it, Microsoft is purchasing around 12 studios at once.
Yeah it is cause you keep typing out “12 studios” as if like 9 of those don’t exist solely to work on one franchise.

Would it be ok if Activision just called those studios 1 COD studio then Microsoft bought them?:stopitslime:

But it’s obvious you’ll refuse to acknowledge that and how crazy it is, so I’ll leave it alone
It’s obvious you refuse to consider the actual implications of the deal instead of your abstract semantical “concerns”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Call of duty isn't the only thing mentioned in this screenshot, and it's not the only thing mentioned in that whole document.

Keep moving that goal post breh.
It is the only Game listed as a “remedy” to make the deal go through.

I have not moved anything.

You just chose to double down on dumb instead of admitting you were wrong as usual.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it is cause you keep typing out “12 studios” as if like 9 of those don’t exist solely to work on one franchise.

Would it be ok if Activision just called those studios 1 COD studio then Microsoft bought them?:stopitslime:

It’s obvious you refuse to consider the actual implications of the deal instead of your abstract semantical “concerns”
I’m typing that out because you’re comparing it to when sony purchases single studios or licenses a game(insomniac, etc).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m typing that out because you’re comparing it to when sony purchases single studios or licenses a game(insomniac, etc).
But you can’t articulate why it matters that they buy more than one studio at a time.

If they spent the last year buying the studios one by one would it be better?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But you can’t articulate why it matters that they buy more than one studio at a time.

If they spent the last year buying the studios one by one would it be better?
No it wouldn’t. It’s still adding 12 studios who will have 0 choice on what platforms their games will be on

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No it wouldn’t. It’s still adding 12 studios who will have 0 choice on what platforms their games will be on
So where’s the cutoff?

If they only bought 8 of them would it be cool? 6? 3??

Why aren’t you fighting for other devs that have no choice on where their games end up?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So where’s the cutoff?

If they only bought 8 of them would it be cool? 6? 3??

Why aren’t you fighting for other devs that have no choice on where their games end up?
You’re being ignorant on purpose in attempt to prove a point. That’s on me, I gave you to much credit.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’re being ignorant on purpose in attempt to prove a point. That’s on me, I gave you to much credit.
I’m not being ignorant about anything.

You spent a bunch of posts harping on “12 studios at once” But you can’t actually articulate the real effects of the deal that would be a detriment to you or gamers/the industry as a whole.

Under one scenario. Activison stays as is. And they keep doing what you said “folks hate”. All 12 studios will still be working on COD. The disgraced management stays on. Employees don’t get to join a union or enjoy microsoft benefits. Nintendo doesn’t get COD. Streaming services don’t get COD, And activision is still compelled to sign deals for exclusive content cutting content from xbox and PC users so they can cash sony checks which the devs have no choice in how those deals get signed.

:hula:

Other scenario is that Microsoft buys them. Employees get better benefits and to join a union. Their disgraced leadership is moved aside. COD is available to 150 Million MORE gamers than before. And some dormant activison IP might be be revived albeit as maybe not coming to playstation. And whatever games are made will be made available on a cheap subscription service that you and most people on earth have access to.

Now there’s literally no logical/rational reason to pick choice one. You are arguing for the detriment of everybody involved and the only reasoning you can give is “That’s crazy, it’s too much at once”

excuse me for calling BS on that :stopitslime:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m not being ignorant about anything.

You spent a bunch of posts harping on “12 studios at once” But you can’t actually articulate the real effects of the deal that would be a detriment to you or gamers/the industry as a whole.

Under one scenario. Activison stays as is. And they keep doing what you said “folks hate”. All 12 studios will still be working on COD. The disgraced management stays on. Employees don’t get to join a union or enjoy microsoft benefits. Nintendo doesn’t get COD. Streaming services don’t get COD, And activision is still compelled to sign deals for exclusive content cutting content from xbox and PC users so they can cash sony checks which the devs have no choice in how those deals get signed.

:hula:

Other scenario is that Microsoft buys them. Employees get better benefits and to join a union. Their disgraced leadership is moved aside. COD is available to 150 Million MORE gamers than before. And some dormant activison IP might be be revived albeit as maybe not coming to playstation. And whatever games are made will be made available on a cheap subscription service that you and most people on earth have access to.

Now there’s literally no logical/rational reason to pick choice one. You are arguing for the detriment of everybody involved and the only reasoning you can give is “That’s crazy, it’s too much at once”

excuse me for calling BS on that :stopitslime:
xbox stans :mjlol:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thanks. We could have done this a dozen posts ago. “Stan shyt” was always your answer :ehh:
Welcome, let me know when you exit your xbox bubble and have the ability to see other viewpoints.