Phil Jackson: Lebron James can be better then Michael Jordan

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Phil had an agenda with that quote - one that had a lot to do with winning playoff games and encouraging Kobe.

Nowadays he's just keeping it real.

My point exactly. :thumbsdown:

But when Phil says

"Kobe is uncoachable"

It's bible no questions asked :heh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always funny to me which quotes people choose to put stock into when it comes to Phil Jackson.

A person will praise on thing he says because it supports their argument and moments later will disregard something else he said because it doesn't fit their agenda.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
More importantly this nikka woudln't be playing 48.5 minutes a game today.
the NBA was a lot more fast paced and physical back then than it is today.

if anything, he would have fouled out at least one time in today's NBA, but he would be able to handle the pace, imo.

It's always funny to me which quotes people choose to put stock into when it comes to Phil Jackson.

A person will praise on thing he says because it supports their argument and moments later will disregard something else he said because it doesn't fit their agenda.

indeed

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18

So you're telling me it's impossible to agree with one thing someone says and disagree with another thing?

Fascinating. :ohhh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to go out on a limb and say 30ppg. Times and offenses have changed.

I'd say he could get up to 40.

I think people are underestimating just how much of a freak athlete Wilt actually was. He was strong, fast, and agile. He was also more fundamentally sound that you'd think. He consistently put in work on both ends of the court also.

Plus the the way the rules are bigs are more protected now then they were at any time Wilt was playing.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lebron physically towers over Jordan, he's bigger, a little slower, and their probably about the same strength wise in regards to the position they play on the court.

What's going to set lebron apart from his peers this season is if he's satisfied winning this ring or if he's stays focused and hungry. After Mike won his first ring he never lost in the playoffs again, sans the comeback year. Where lebron has the most to make up for is his mentality to the game, will he still act child like on the court or will this ring mature him and his on court attiude.

SO much of lebron's success is going to depend on the health of D Wade and his knees. If Wade was 25 then lebron would have a great chance of winning 5+ more rings, but dude is 31 and declining at a daily rate. It's true he's the best 2 guard in the league now, but who knows what the future holds.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Wilt chamberlain would drop 40 in todays game? :dead:

Wilt is dope as fukk but COME ON

:dead:

Wilt would by far be the best C in the NBA today. But 40 is a little high.

If he plays 42-44 minutes, no reason why he couldn't average 33-16-4-2.5 assuming he's getting 20+ shots a night.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barring serious injury, Lebron will be able provide more total value in his NBA career simply because he played more time and his production is only seen by Jordan in the 3 point era and Chamberlain and Kareem during all eras. I don't think he can ever have a better single season than his age 24 season with the Cavs. That is probably one of the top 3 seasons by any player ever, but Jordan's age 27 season is better. I like to judge by single season production when talking about historical rankings, but that is obviously somewhat arbitrary.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
damn, Kobe stans read the Phil quote and did one of these with the quickness

2ypeuef.jpg

:laff:

YBE

Banned
Daps
Jordan at 27: 32ppg on 54%fg, 6ast, 6rebs, 2.7stls

Stop :whoa:

Its dikkriders like yall who make people dislike Lebron. One ring & he's talking shyt. fukking ridiculous. Do it 5 more times.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Wilt would by far be the best C in the NBA today. But 40 is a little high.

If he plays 42-44 minutes, no reason why he couldn't average 33-16-4-2.5 assuming he's getting 20+ shots a night.

Oh no doubt. I respect him getting dominant numbers and dominating the league if he was in his prime in 2012. But 40 + is a little much.

Had to rep you tho, old school sohh alumni stays green :birdman: