PG County, MD to expand youth curfew after emergency leg. session

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Some kids just hit Rockville hard this month and broke into 35+ cars across different neighborhoods.

Just ban kids from all the areas I like to be in and send them off to leesburg or something

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
The class distinctions between Black people aren't as rigid as they are with white people.
We occupy a lot of the same spaces, have mixed class families (even mixed class siblings), and often have extended families where we take in relatives' kids on some Fresh Prince shyt.
Lot of people with different sets of values in the same spaces. Something has to give. And sometimes the regular kids think they have to conform to bad values to fit in.

Ab/ invalid told a story once about college kids from the Martha's Vineyard set. They pledged a frat at a well known HBCU. They got the bright idea to bring their frat brothers to MV and have a spring break/booty fest event.. They didn't respect the space they occupied and wanted to degrade it with stupid shyt.

Eye opening story. College educated early 20s adults doing it made me understand how pre-teen and teens in high income areas must be even more susceptible to this thinking.

This point is so true. Saw it in highschool and even in college of all places. The thing I hate the most is I feel everyone promotes it when younger, even non-blacks. Leads to a lot of middle class kids to crash out. One of the reasons im weary of having kids grow up in the US tbh.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
:francis: That's why you won't catch me in PG. shyt has turned into SE 2.0

After they left that dead body in Jaspers and people were okay with them not shutting down I knew what was up...actually I knew before then but that sealed the deal.
Not all of PG County is ghetto. There’s some affluent and middle class areas within the county with little to no crime.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Are you black? NOVA is racist as fukk.
Yes I’m black and plenty of black people in Arlington, Alexandria. Never had a problem in Fairfax or Loundon either - both the areas I worked.

Actually - Arlington is by far the best place I’ve lived counting the west coast as well. Easy to get around, close to the areas of DC I wanted to be, quiet neighborhoods, good grocery and gym options. If I move back to the DMV, it’s definitely the NoVA side